Constant Diff Bolt Breakage

RIP85

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 29d

Well another bolt smashed 3 in two months so have now upgraded to the toughest cat spec bolt my mate could buy if this fails it will be time to do a diff cradle mod similar to what hi torque do this bolt is rated at 170000psi strength. post-15304-138542850995_thumb.jpg

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 24d

Well another bolt smashed 3 in two months so have now upgraded to the toughest cat spec bolt my mate could buy if this fails it will be time to do a diff cradle mod similar to what hi torque do this bolt is rated at 170000psi strength. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMotorculture1385428508.954897.jpg

Have you got a photo of the bolt fracture face

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members

Now that the car is on the hoist it's broken the front two originally thought it was the rear bolt again. once the diff assembly is out I'll get some pics

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members

Herrod Mal Wood and XFT are all doing steel diff hats now. Would that help the breaking of bolts?

It has the malwood upgraded diff hat already. Going to replace the two front bolts with cat spec ones for now. Then in the new year take the whole cradle out send it over to extreme engineering see if Craig can weld on a plate to the diff hat and fit to rubber bush's with mounting bolts. this will eliminate all the stress on one bolt and spread the load. Hopefully the cat spec bolts wont break time will tell.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

If running stupid power in a manual, mught be worth doing away with the ford IRS and going something like carbonart. Would be cheaper in the long run going all out first up.

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members

If running stupid power in a manual, mught be worth doing away with the ford IRS and going something like carbonart. Would be cheaper in the long run going all out first up.

Very true the rear diff owes me over 8g already so going to maintain what I have going to be interesting next week when they wind the boost up