Constant Diff Bolt Breakage

RIP85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d

I just ordered the same twin bush kit from Independent Motorsports.

Getting it fitted. My cradle will be out for the fifth time....I think this will be the last time. If this were available years ago it would have paid for itself twice over.

• Donating Members

Just got the car back after having the Independent Motorsports twin bush diff hat installed....wow what an improvement. Very little clunk and barely any drveline lash in a manual is something I haven't experienced in this car since it was stock. I have solid front bushes on the front mounts of the diff as well.

It even seemed to have more traction under power. It's nice to know the diff never has to come out again and really only for an extra $400 over the price of a steel hat upgrade.

• Like 4

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d

I went all out got the diff technics cv's as well after 1 track day the kazza lsd decided to sh*t its self for the 4th time in 6 years time for a wavetrac

11229309_10152875449503907_3164864760701

11169952_10152875449538907_6106877065721

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I can drive around in first gear now and not get any drive line lash at all that I can feel. Just power on and power off, no bouncing and jerking. I think that is why there is more traction, no on and off jerking, just smooth transition from coasting to power.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Seriously? Man that's a mega win! Especially in a manual!...I better start saving now cause next time my diff bushes are due; I'm keen to try it in my auto. And if theres stil lash then I'll probably cry :P (I have a terrible habit of going on/off heaps to hear sweet dose - and I always see my mrs head fling forward during the changes lol).