Gauge Locations In Fg Mk1 Ute

edawg91

• Member For: 10y 6m 14d

G'day guys,

Im relatively new to this forum to which I have also just purchased a FG Mk1 XR6T Ute. I'm wanting to learn how to mod my car and do different things, and work out what aftermarket parts my ute has (which I will ask in the appropriate sections).

What I wanted to ask was, has anyone come up with some creative locations in putting different gauges within a ute or sedan (preferably a FG). If anyone has any pics and would like to post them in this thread, that would be greatly appreciated. The only reason I am wanting to put gauges in is the fact the last person who owned the ute has done some mods, and the mods are having an effect with the boost allowing it to spike quiet often.

Cheers,

Ethan

• Member For: 10y 6m 14d

Cheers mate. I was thinking that, but I'm wanting something different, like to have them hidden away.. Like down lower than the dash if you know what I mean...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

Some mount on the steering wheel/dash cluster, some making a custom a pillar and have a gauge or 2 in there, some have drilled massive holes in their dash and mounted them in the dash between ICC and dash cluster. I made one to go under the ICC. I think there's a company that sell them to go there but can't think of their name

44fae762-0fbf-41c9-a420-9b194bd05b01_zps

I mount mine in standard gauge holders on the steering column. they sit so I can still see tacho and speedo (they sort of sit inside the dials)

I did this so I can look at them and not take my eyes off the road too much (even then I got electrical ones so I could log results for better analysis - inovate brand ones)