Sign in to follow this  
tab

Important: Forum Advertisers

The moderating team here on FordXR6Turbo.com have a task that requires a bit of intricate balance. We will discuss things passionately behind the scenes but always attempt to portray a united front and keep things professional.

However in recent times a few of you may have noticed a few cracks in this professional front forming; directly as a result of each moderator's absolute passion for the overall well-being of the forum and its members.

Our ultimate concern is for the longevity of FordXR6Turbo.com, it has assisted thousands and fostered many friendships over the decade that it has been in existence and hopefully this will continue well beyond today and the end of local production of the beloved falcon platform.

Presence should not be taken as condoning

One of the necessary evils with hosting a forum of this size is the requirement to take advertising through the likes of Google ads and direct from workshops and part suppliers etc. Normally in the case of the later we have been blessed and not only do the companies that advertise on here get allot of exposure, we the members also get an immeasurable amount of knowledge and assistance in return.

But to the contrary there have been suppliers (both in the past and present) that don't deserve to be here in the collective opinion of the moderating team. Their business practices are slack and pathetic. They treat their customers with contempt and it sickens us to think that we are somehow implicit in this.

Caveat Emptor

It's a bit cliché but 'buyer beware'. Although it would be nice to be able to assume that companies that advertise or pay for their own sections on this forum have been vetted and taken to be legitimate and worthy businesses this should not necessarily always be taken to be the case.

Always have a look around at past experiences and send a few messages to people if required to get their feedback. It saddens us to see members get messed around but all we can do is to try and promote informed decisions in the first place.

The good/cheap/quick dilemma

You can never be provided with all three. If someone portrays that they can then prepare yourself for disappointment and/or ridiculous excuses.

So what's all this rambling about?

CJF077 had the wisdom, drive and ongoing commitment to create this forum and keep it running through thick and thin. For this I am absolutely grateful and admire the bloke passionately and this post is in no way meant to be disrespectful. Funds are required and I understand that, the difference of opinion that has started this topic is only out my concern (and shared by other moderators) for the wellbeing of our members.

We don't like seeing people messed around and don't want to be seen to be condoning it. Ideally (and the topic has been raised countless times) any business that doesn't perform deserves to be removed. But this has not happened so I/we felt the need to make it absolutely clear that we in no way explicitly support anyone that advertises on this forum. 99% are fantastic and will do anything to help serve their clientele better but there is the occasional bad apple that you need to look out for.

In closing you've probably noticed that I've skirted around the issue of naming names and that is absolutely intentional. Most that read this will know exactly what has prompted it but please don't turn this into a slanging match.

I welcome any comments that you have, either in here or via PM should you wish to discuss specifics.

And if you ever want factual feedback on anyone or anything don't be afraid to ask as that's what the forum is here for. As long as it is not slanderous or based on hearsay then we will always seek to promote discussion and sharing of information for the mutual benefit of all - above and beyond any commercial interests.

Thanks, cheers, love to you all.

Trent

I hope everyone has a read of this!

I started a thread a few years back and had a direct shot at a forum advertiser about poor service and it was deleted within hours, I realise this was the wrong thing to do. Since then I have always attempted to share my experiences with others and let them know all the pleasant and all the not so pleasant dealings I have had with forum advertisers.

Good post, it is generally accepted that if a business is a forum sponsor then they must be ok, this is wrong on most forums, sponsors such as myself pay to advertise here, it is not as if we have passed a honesty test, we just pay our money to advertise our business, it is up t the business to have the correct ethics and do a good job to keep customers happy

^^^^^^^^ this guy is sooooo right.

Mick, I am glad you posted this, it is great hearing it from a sponsors view. Sometimes, money talks....

Alright, I'm gonna get all deep and meaningful here, hold on...

I love this place. Really I do. I've been here for over ten years, and met some of the best friends I've ever had. If it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't have met my wife Jade, and had a gorgeous baby boy. FFS two of my groomsmen at my wedding were blokes I met here. I've made friendships that will live well past the funeral of the falcon nameplate. So yeah, I'm very passionate about the forum. I love it.

So when members come on here, looking for parts/service for their cars, then get consistently screwed over, I feel a smidge guilty. Why? Cause I could have done something about it. They have come on here, looking for advice, trusting us, and not directly have been screwed over, who is someone who sponsor/associated with this place. So when the reputation of this forum gets tarnished, by some person with a fistful of money, who we the moderators don't want here, but is here because he is paying for the privilege, yeah, that annoys me.

You can spot it a mile off; mick @ pitlane is passionate about customer service, helping people out, answering questions etc. some of these people will never meet or see mick, and he will probably never make a cent off them. Unfortunately, then there is the other end of the spectrum; some people have no morals, and are just using this place as a vehicle to make money. They don't care about quality, service, or the members. Yeah, that annoys me.

have I been under a rock? but I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about or directed at.

Thanks, cheers, love to you all.
Trent

cheers trent

I wholeheartedly condone and stand by the first post in this thread and whilst we try to keep things in line and above board for the members of the site some things are out of our control. But you can be guaranteed that the mods here are beyond reproach in their view on looking after the members first and foremost, most of us have been round the forum in one way or another for the best part of ten years our passion and drive is for the forum and its members in that they dont get the raw end of a stick. In this day and age of technology its all to quick and easy to do a bit of research and find out the good and bad of dealing with an individual and we will do our utmost to ensure that this is known in the most unbiased way possible we have of dealing with things.

Trust isn't given it's earned.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Mick & Bel @ Pitlane firstly for the post above and secondly and more importantly for going above and beyond on many occasions to help out members where they can be they long standing members or newbs looking for answers (even if some dont want/know to listen initially).

Sorry to butt in, but I wanna thank the advertisers and the knowledgeable members who are happy to help us all when we're in a jamb.

Yeah, there's some who don't seem too interested, but to the rest I say a big THANKS!

It's much appreciated

Well I would like to thank the sh!tposters who give me a good laugh every day. I try my best to repay this honourable gift each and every one of you sh!tposters give, with quality sh!tposting of my own.

PS thanks to the rest of you straggly lot that have helped a nerdy IT guy with a passion for his turbo learn enough to do basic servicing and be a danger to himself and others, hahaha. Also thanks to the forum I learned of the advertiser XFT who have given me some seriously good and reliable performance from my car. Finally I've made many great mates as others above already mentioned. Losing old school and work mates as time goes on isn't great so it helps to keep the social circle healthy!

PPS

sh!tposting FTW

I thought p@ was an honest salesman. :P

Yep stinking p@. Dodgy as

Pfft, who would actually trust that guy! :greyscare:

I don't need to add much aside from I believe that the way you conduct your business now reflects the way in which your business will run in the future.

I've been lucky enough to gain some great repeat customers via the forum and that is greatly appreciated.

As an ex Mod I concur with Mickus , the chaps do their very best.

Not any are of themselves tuners but have collectively many decades of experience

with the T6 engine and should not be discounted in their views.

I have made many lifelong friends on this forum. Been to their weddings christening of

their kids, driven wedding cars and cruises and splendid fellowship.

I have more contacts with my mates here than I do elsewhere.

There are mods that don't even drive Ts anymore yet they GIVE their time having owned one and have

been pioneers.

This sounds hackneyed ,but " in the mods you should trust"

Been on both sides , if there should be sides

soooooo where does the liability of damage on a motor vehicle transfer to a mechanic when they are doing work to your motor vehicle?

^^^^ motor lawyer :roflmbo: