Xr6 Turbo P_Ba_Xr6

P_BA_XR6

• Member For: 15y 10m 19d

It's a stock bottom end....400kw is what some would call a safe limit. Just because there are a number of members running good numbers on a stock bottom end doesn't mean it can be safely flogged.

This is not a place to discuss why a tuner hasn't turned up the wick....It's all speculation and no meaningful info. Time to talk to your tuner and report back. I mean this in the nicest possible way.

Muchly agreed I have tried to give him buzz just waiting for the call,

It's nothing against the tuner, It was just to see if there was anyone else with similar mods making the power what I felt it should of made. I understand it is standard f6 short block but there has been 450rwkw ba with a factory bottom end (gtx) , what has lasted for over a year or so with no issues and It had less mods as I believe.

I don't like to flog the ass end out of my cars endlessly on a daily basis, Just once blue moon I head down to the track do my day and return but don't go stupid. I also service my car every 6000km I change the engine oil and filter. So I feel it should last along time

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

Hey mate this is a tuff one as toads said

You might only be making 400 but you might be a few hundred NM up on the comparison car, numbers are numbers and its easy to get caught up in it but just yesterday we had a car come in that did 288rwkw and after a retune it did 290rwkw , so what u say but have a look here

Where the power graph ( and also torque is picked up in the mid in a huge way ) please dis regard the length of the run ( yes u chit stirers ) as this was just the last power run all the "work" had been done previously and I have no issues with ending runs after they taper off

ubv018D.jpg

Now the torque ( not on that page ) gained truck loads on the same speed/rpm and the owners praises after collection was enough to know it had big gains but just not in rwkw

Your car seems to have good hardware and if it is CMS you have to be happy a very knowledgeable tuner has done the tune, that being said everyone's engine is slightly different maybe yours did'nt take timing as well as the bloke down the road, maybe the tuner had that feeling is was working hard enough and any more was just creating heat,slippage,issues even

Most tuners are very approachable in regards to "how" and "why" just ask there may be a very good reason or none at all

That just might be all is has, who knows but as I said u may be packing a killer torque curve that is not displayed and this is what gets u down the strip faster than the bloke with 450 but bugger all of the NM's

Hope this may of helped :)

• Like 3

Muchly appreciated jet I do agree with what you have said torque is the key to win races aswell as put my car under a diet lol. I can see your point with what you have said with it may have all she's got but every bit advice is a gain

Just so we are all on the same page, I'm not here to name and shame as I'm here for advice so I can discuss with my tuner what I want but I wanted to have advice before I go try and ask for something which is or isn't possible. As I'm some what new to the modding side of things. Yes My car was built or put together by me beside the exhaust system. As I'm mechanically minded which has has carried me through to this point.

I've seen cars make 430rw kW out of auto on the Dyno my car is on with less mods but It had a gtx35 on it. (Internal gate)

So from my understanding of an Auto you will lose through the torque converter which would probably carry it to 450rwkw mark as manual.

So my reasoning of questioning you boys was to find the average and then ask my tuner how come my car doesn't make around these figures

As I have felt with mods I have and the power figure it has made was conservative by the tuner. I now see not worth the dollars to get it there from where it was. It's nothing to do with hp hero it's to do with it made f all difference may aswell go back to the way it was basically, I do feel it has made great power on the boost level it is on. The only main gain I see was that I gain reliability from the wastegate being stupidly large and be able to control the boost more accurately

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 14d

After so many kilowatts it becomes exponentially more dollars per kilowatt, the question you have to ask yourself is it worth it. Your 400 at your current tuner could be 420 at another, if your tuner has made it safe for you then even better, especially if you haven't told him that you don't care if it grenades itself. Does it drive better since your last round of mods?

• Like 1

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m

Did you tell him you wanted 450?

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

Jet the blue line has a lot more boost....I'm not sure what you're trying to show here? More boost = more power/torque because you were willing to turn it up?

I noticed that 'shame' was mentioned above. 400 on 16psi is a good result and there is zero shame in that!!!

• Like 1

Jet the blue line has a lot more boost....I'm not sure what you're trying to show here? More boost = more power/torque because you were willing to turn it up?

I noticed that 'shame' was mentioned above. 400 on 16psi is a good result and there is zero shame in that!!!

That may have come across wrong

It was meant differently I'm cheering its making 400 at 16 but I was trying to get at was I don't want to name a tuner and people take it the wrong way and turn sh...