Xr6 Turbo P_Ba_Xr6

P_BA_XR6

• Member For: 11y 5m 10d

just to add: you can have all the hardware in the world, these things react with a good tuner, I could take you for a ride I an fg with mild mods that would embarrass some 400+ kw cars with a good tune and e85.

hows your rapid tune holding up? any problems with the hp software?

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 10y 11m 24d

Nah 25psi is fine

That much boost on a stock turbo is pointless and just creates excessive heat for no or less gain.

Well out of its efficiency range.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 3d

hows your rapid tune holding up? any problems with the hp software?

my car is going very well thanks to chris and his tuning ,we are trying a few things so its a work in progress atm but the hp software is awesome imo if you know how to use it.

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d

I understand totally what this member is going through

It would be like paying for a BMW 540i, expecting the relevant performance and comfort, but being delivered a 318i instead.

He has already paid the tuner once to get the car tuned, it seems to me that the tuner has spent maybe a few hours on it, it has made a respectable number on a safe tune, so he has rolled it out of the workshop, and started on the next job. Instead of trying a few things, pumping some psi into it, and see how it reacts.

The tuner should have had all scenario's tried and tested, so when the customer came to pick the car up, he can explain and demonstrate why the car is set up the way it is.

Eg customer asks why isn't it running 20psi? Won't the turbo and mods support that?

Tuner response:

Well I tried that, the car seemed to not make the expected power, here is a graph demonstrating relative afr, psi, and power output. But if you try a new cat (for example) I'd expect it to make more, or handle 20psi.

When I pick my car up from my tuner, I know my tuner has my car running at its optimum, and has tried all avenues to get the most power out of it, safely.

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d

It's a stock bottom end....400kw is what some would call a safe limit. Just because there are a number of members running good numbers on a stock bottom end doesn't mean it can be safely flogged.

This is not a place to discuss why a tuner hasn't turned up the wick....It's all speculation and no meaningful info. Time to talk to your tuner and report back. I mean this in the nicest possible way.

• Like 3