Palzmaman 1000Hp Installation Trouble

milk

• Member For: 12y 9m 14d

I don't know what RHS support bolt n play spec is but it was a bitch to get in. Finally got it to hang after cutting and bending things not in the instructions. Also had to move the top radiator mounts back a few cm like turboboink said.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

This is the new RHS that "should" be supplied with the new kit

Black bar that the intercooler connects to

7S7ru2Q.jpg

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

Hey mate glad you got it sorted sorry I didnt get a chance to post up photos, the bottom brackets were covered up pretty good anyways..

Yeah none of the bigger systems are a true plug and play job from what I've seen and none of them are specified to the aircon line change.

In regards to the amount of room between the radiator fan and the belts, I can just fit my flattened out hand between them and no rubbing has occured.

• Member For: 10y 8m 11d

I just done one on a FG mkII, I didnt have to drill any extra holes, but it did require me to massage that a/c line up a bit, even now it only clears by a mm or 2, I actually put some rubber between it as im sure it will work its way through the aluminium fairly quick.

What helped me alot was to push the radiator as far back as I could in the newly supplied lower rad bracket, I found the rubber bushes would still move around 10mm when they sat in the holes. I just loosened it up and pushed it to the back of the holes and snugged it up.

I didnt find it to bad for such a large cooler, only a few small tweaks was needed.

• 5 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 1m 20d

For those with FG-X, I ended up buying some BA/F, FG lower radiator mount rubber bushes.

The FG-X rubber bushes do not sit inside the Plazmaman radiator support very well.

I originally used the FG-X rubber bushes but then changed them to the BA-F FG ones and now it’s perfect.

I think that’s what BOP was referring to above and why he had so much play in the radiator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 1m 20d

I also experienced the same problem regarding the aluminium cube below the air conditioning line. That piece pushes against the core.

I opted to create some new top radiator brackets and push the top of the radiator closer to the belts (I can fit my fingers between the back of the radiator and front of the belts).

You might get the unit up into position without doing any of the above but it will rub. I just wanted to have at least some clearance between other components (even if only 5mm).

Edited by Jumbuck

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

They Key is to give a few more mm closer to the engine when mounting the lower support bracket and everything goes to plan ;) 

Top radiator extended brackets would be nice and Jonny Tig does this with his kits !