Fg Iphone Connector To Android

Xr50

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 26d

Im trying to hook my android phone up to the icc via the iphone cable using a adaptor lead without much luck. Anyone found a successful way of doing this to enable phone, music connection etc.

• Member For: 11y 2m 4d

Ive been looking into this ccpl.. I ordered an I-wave bluetooth - 30pin iphone adapter but found out it sources analog from the iphone.

I think the ford ICC would seek a digital signal (control track, display name etc) so as far as I can tell that link above is the only way directly.

My FG has bluetooth but only to receive calls. I tryed my logitech bluetooth hooked up to the aux input and just running power from a usb charger but it has alot of alternator whine...

Next step if I wanted to go the bluetooth route would be to wire in a buck converter that should supply me with a clean 5V to run the bluetooth module. Its cheap enough for me to test - about $10. Ill let you know how it goes. I havent checked with ford if they have a bluetooth solution for streaming media.

If it all works out and the sound is fairly decent I might make a more permanent setup and hide the wiring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 5d

I have a product called a Dockboss Plus.. they are a bit dear for what they are but work a treat in all docks etc that has older apple connectors..

I cant find them for sale on the site anymore but ill post a link to show what it is..

have a look around and im sure u can find one somewhere..

Its basically a female ipod connector with a mini usb and 3.5mm jack too..

the 3.5mm plays the music and the usb charges it at the same time..

works fine in my fg BUT it doesent have the song names and controls etc that the ipod does unfortunately :(

its the best your gunna get im sure.. id actually like to chop it off and install some sort of non-apple connector permanently..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/21/geek_treat_of_the_week_dockboss_plus/

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 7y 2m 9d

Haha sorry to resurrect this thread, but I found it a few months back and I really wanted to get the iPod interface working with my Android phone - with the song metadata (artist,song name etc). The original developer stopped supporting this app and it didn't work with the FG Mk1. Another guy picked it up and started updating it for other cars, at this thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-podemu-connect-android-to-30pin-t3234840

It still didnt work out of the box, but luckily the source code is available online,

After about 5 hours fiddling with the cable and another 15 or so hours looking at the source code, I've managed to compile a version that works!

So to confirm, this is an android phone (Nexus 5) connected to the iPod port of the FG Mk1 (G6E Premium Sound).

7iXHUuycWYpNMguaw1ZSPddNbD6H8n-jZjAToDR9

• Like 4