Help With Xr6 To Xr8 Conversion Please!

XRLENTFG

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

Oh no.Not the 5.4 debate again.

Ratter is very passionate about that ol anchor...I mean engine...LOL

Go and buy a cheap BA XR8 if that's the case..Probably be cheaper then any conversion...

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

I get annoyed when people mouth off about things they have no idea about, I think I proved the Boss is not the boat anchor most people go on about, what does matsfgxr6turbo run?

is it as good as the turbo motor? well that depends on what you want and how you want to go about it.

XRLENTFG, just because others have done conversion does mean it will be ok, you need to check with your insurance and rego people to what is actually acceptable otherwise you may have a car that is useless to you, you may be fine but do your homework before doing anything

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 29d

Look at a couple of dyno graphs for the 5.4 v8s. I found they don't make power down low. They feel like a rev hard engine to me , not a perfect motor for towing horse floats. A turbo 6 with a Fg turbo or a gtx3576r will give you more torque at a lower rpm I reckon.

• Member For: 10y 7m

Ok I will look into it!

Haha yes I had a feeling because of the forum I posted on it may be a bit biased :P I originally wanted to go turbo but had someone try talk me out of it saying that the turbo would be unreliable. But I think I will do some more hunting for a cheap one or just get a turbo engine and gear box! Thanks guys

Edited by XRLENTFG

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Kennen Bell massive bottom and torque but not much up top. Cheapest and money for value get a v2 from capa. 7400 for 8psi kit with injectors and intercooler. Kennen bell set up looking over 10000 Easley without anything else. I looked at them some years back just sold the 8 and got a turbo.