Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 2d

So many ways to skin a cat

Ive just gone for the upgraded billet wheel,, port and flapper obviously..

Atomic cams and crow springs.

The thing comes on pretty much like the baby turbo did.. 480rwhp.... with very conservative timing..

This thing on E70 or 85 would be absolutely insane

Upgrade front wheel on factory 3576r?

Any more info on the upgrade mate? I asked about this in the past but did not get any info.

Thanks

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3d

Have you driven a car with a GTX3576?

Ultimate turbo for a street driven car IMHO (especially if the car is manual) good for 370+rwkw on E85 and will smoke just about any other turbo spool wise at any speed considered legal on a public road

I have never driven one, the only time I see a bit of lag is from a standing start and not using the stall converter. Any other time I will drop it back a cog.

However you need to consider driving style when choosing a turbo. So I do know the 82r isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by AdamIan69

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 5d

Upgrade front wheel on factory 3576r?

Any more info on the upgrade mate? I asked about this in the past but did not get any info.

Thanks

Yep upgraded wheel and machined front housing ..

Still early days..we cut the tuning short due to a VCT issue. But seat of the pants it pulls like the baby turbo.. and keeps going. I saw it as a cheaper alternative the the gtx76r... just for a trial I guess. For $600 odd I really had nothing to lose..

It would be hard to compare to another as Ive got the cams. But all I can say it is vey aggressive.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d

Torque always follows the boost curve closely (as seen above), and yeah I agree....add timing and you will raise torque in most cases. That last graph shows a 50kw increase at the top end and gains everywhere else. Had a larger turbo been chosen the gains down low from using e85 would be lost and if your target boost is still say only 19psi (required for 450 on e85) then the extra airflow from a larger framed turbo isn't really needed. It's a different story if you want to go all out though OR the larger frame turbo is pushing a lot more air at the same pressure ratio!!!

Bomber I went from 350 to 400 on the same boost (15psi) going to e85. If the GTX3576 can hold ~17psi at the top end, you might just make it!!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d

I am also considering a new GTX3576R core.

Keep my original 0.50 housing and get it machined to fit the slightly larger compressor wheel.

Might also need an external Waste Gate to keep boost fairly even across the range.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 2d

Yep upgraded wheel and machined front housing ..

Still early days..we cut the tuning short due to a VCT issue. But seat of the pants it pulls like the baby turbo.. and keeps going. I saw it as a cheaper alternative the the gtx76r... just for a trial I guess. For $600 odd I really had nothing to lose..

It would be hard to compare to another as Ive got the cams. But all I can say it is vey aggressive.

Thanks for the info jimmixr.

Do you have any more info on the upgraded front wheel?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 5d

All I know its a billet 11 blade 61.4mm wheel (same size as the GT3582)

But beware.. not all billet wheels are created equal....

Pretty common conversion from what Ive seen.

As I said.. definitely a cheaper option than the GTX...