Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 26d

Thanks for that. Would be interested to see how you go.

At some point in the next 12 months I will upgrade my turbo, and its going to be the gtx3576 or hta3582. Have not seen much real world results with either. Most on here seem to go with the bigger turbos.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 10d

Spot on sixman - based on that comparison the GTX3582 is too laggy for my liking - and would be especially noticeable at part throttle applications as is 99% of the case in a street car.

I was tossing up with the GTX3576 or the HTA3582. I even considered the HTA3586, however the response I received back from Forced Performance recently was that the HTA3586 was 500rpm laggier than there HTA3582, That said - there is a Forced Performance HTA thread on the Skylinesaustralia forum and one of the posters switched from a GT3582 to HTA3586 and reported that the bigger HTA3586 spooled faster than the normal GT3582. Based on this you could assume the HTA3586 is significantly more responsive than the GTX3582

If I was using E85 the HTA3586 would get the nod - but here in Perth there are only a few United servos selling the stuff and none close to where I live. I'm keen to give the HTA3582 a try with BP98 as I think it would spool at least on a par with the GTX3576 and have more in the top end.

If using e85 you can get away with a smaller turbo. e85 doesn't get the turbo spooling quicker IMO...not a noticeable difference anyway. HTA3582r is a happy medium IMO

• Member For: 14y 10m 8d

If using e85 you can get away with a smaller turbo. e85 doesn't get the turbo spooling quicker IMO...not a noticeable difference anyway. HTA3582r is a happy medium IMO

I don't think I said E85 would spool the turbo faster - but it might - I don't generally bother looking at the boost curve as I see torque and hp curves as the true indicators of performance.

However, the dynos I've seen there is definately an improvement in low end torque/power, and generally throughout the rev range with E85 due to being able to bring in more timing and earlier.

For the above reason I would always step up to the next exhaust housing/frame size or turbo if using E85.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 10d

Torque and boost are like peas and carrots. More boost early...more torque early. I would only step up to a bigger frame turbo if you needed more top end HP....which will always be at the expense of low end grunt, unless you ditch the stock manifold for a split pulse setup.

Yep I run a GT3076 T3 split pulse twin gate setup on my Nissan s15 - awesome bottom end torque and rev range for a 2 litre motor after playing around with exhaust cam timing. Makes my stock G6ET feel laggy and slow - so need to remedy that.

• Like 1

IH8TOADS

Here's an example of what I understand to be an initial first run E85 tune (which appears to have previously been a 98 tune) which shows more boost early does not equal more torque early. In this case the boost on ramp up was slower with E85 and yet torque was higher/or no worse coming onto boost. Possibly due to more timing and earlier due to the use of E85 as indicated in my earlier post. Hence why IMO I would step up to a bigger turbo when using E85.

ChrisE85VsJet_zps2cb5a53a.jpg

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 27d

I will go against the gran and say keep the little GT3576r.

Port job, full exhaust, good intercooler, fuel system + e85.

• Like 3

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 6d

I had the option of a GT3540 recently but at my goal of 350rwkw, I really wouldn't gain much over the standard little huffer on E85 - maybe some mph.

I also think some fit the GTX3582R at the cost of actually building a good all-round street package just for the dyno chart.

For me, I still think the GTX3576R is the best fit. I have ID1000's to go in with the upgraded 400lph Herrod E85 spec drop in which should work well. If I went the bigger turbo, the fuel system would be undersized. Hope to crack 500hp in the old language with an E85 tune and a solid 350rwkw on 98.

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 30d

So many ways to skin a cat

Ive just gone for the upgraded billet wheel,, port and flapper obviously..

Atomic cams and crow springs.

The thing comes on pretty much like the baby turbo did.. 480rwhp.... with very conservative timing..

This thing on E70 or 85 would be absolutely insane

Edited by jimmixr
  • Like 2