Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Depends if you use your old actuator bracket. The holes are cast in different areas to the standard gt. I went turbo side so my turbo is out by 10 degrees towards the rocker cover. If I was running the crossover I would have to modify the bracket or buy a universal bracket to have the turbo outlet upright. Just my experiences.

Edited by Bizkets is fat?

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 13d

^^ this

MTQ do a universal bracket for the actuator ($18 I think) and this is 'supposed' to stand the turbo up straight so your silicon joiner will go on no probs

Edited by BenDoCo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 8m 5d

Some very good reading,just finished reading it all. When time comes to upgrade I think I'd like the gtx3576 for sure.. Any you blokes around Bathurst new or Eastwood in Sydney. Cause I'd sure like to come for drive in something quick. 300rwkw feels slow now..

• Like 1

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 9d

Can't load it on here mate (too old and stupid) but if you youtube GTX35/76R Spool you'll see a little clip I did of the car at idle with a little rev :)

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 2m 8d

I've just bought a 76r and will fit std housing on but wanted to know your thoughts on port and flapper mods being the baby GTX?

Because I'm fitting the GTX76r and 12lb actuator would you recommend a larger flapper as well as a port job or is just a larger port job sufficient?? Running modded stock airbox and std exhaust with cat Gooooooone (thanks NZ transport)

Cheers y'all,

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Port and flapper I would recommend on the standard housing with the gtx. 4" dump and 3.5" cat back would be the go. Im running a 4" turbo back with my gtx and turbo side and it sound great.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

I'm surprised nobody has overlaid a GT3576R (or stock FG XR turbo) with a GTX3576R to see the difference in spool... Surely somebody has upgraded only the turbo between tunes :)