Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Member For: 10y 4m 18d

I'd be making sure your port & flapper is 100% - yes run an actuator closer to desired boost and bin the old bosch bov. That will give you the best chance with now proven combinations that have cured boost control issues running the 750. Ironically, the last problem I heard was a car making too much boost (22psi) that couldn't be reduced.

Iv already sorted the BOV and its a Metal replacement job and have it set to the hardest setting.. im gunna pull it off and have a check of it though..

The rear housing I have is a Pac Performance job, was bought Brand New and its CnC'd with new flapper etc using a new housing so id hate to think theres an issue there :/ and sorry I meant to go to the 82 rear and not the 76..

Sorry to hear bud

E85 will still make more power at 17psi though

Also you qlders gotta stop talking in hp!!!

And MattyP I know its gunna make more but I want a MAX tune out of e85 not a good enough for now tune haha

Theres no use tuning on e85 ($$ wise and time wise) with just timing and no boost increase.. if there is a problem YO I want it solved :D LOL

Im cool with the 17psi for 98 but I want to wring its neck occasionally on e85 and 17psi is not the 20-22 I know its got in it with boost control sorted..

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 4m 22d

gtx3582r cars have serious traction problems , therefore the 76 would win :P

I wouldn't mind going up against a gtx76 car but it would have to be a roll on from 100km/h+ because I still paint black lines on the motorway at a 100

Edited by sct911
  • Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Its the same as a fg xr vs a fg f6 really , the xr will have u to 100 then ull reel him in after that

• Like 2

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 7d

I dont think so. Coming in harder down low will just induce more wheelspin. Its not bout when it spools on the road. When moving why not just put in a gear you make boost? Off the line both are smokeshow just who can peddle it the best at the time. On a roll no way. I think chosing the 76 over the 82 isnt worth it.

Edited by RynoF6
  • Like 1

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

I remember racing a tuned F6 with around 360 when I was 310 on maxed little huffer. I pulled away until about 140 - 160. On track squirts at QR, it struggled to real me in by the time we got off it.

The little GTX takes it to another level. All the same mad bottom end but you've got another 50kw on top (98). All I can tell you early days, is that the thing is a fantastic turbo and the car is ballistic in that 80 - 160kph range. The rate of knots I pulled away from an also 360rwkw FG running a 35/40 on Friday night was astounding. They didn't believe what power I was making until I showed the chart. Big call I know, but it will take a very quick car to dust it now to 100mph. I honestly can't think of a better street package - particularly those coming from a little turbo FG.

• Like 3