Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d

wouldn't you just use the gtx compressor cover?

I thought they were cheaper if just the core was purchased using my existing 0.5 cover and reboring it.

Does the 0.7 cover provide slower spooltime?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d

doesn't want to go 4 inch intake?

Actually have a 4" intake already (Turbo side intake) with a Silicone reducer into my stock 0.5 cover.

Just thought it would be cheaper to use my existing 0.5 cover, get it machined to fit the GTX3576R compressor wheel, and retain the advantage of fast spool up.

• Like 1

I have a fg manual with a GTX3582 - I wouldnt call it laggy.

it will instantly fry 1st or 2nd and pretty much any rpm.

In my view - the smaller turbo would just mean you dont have to down shift - you can be a bit lazy and leave it in a higher gear and let the torque do its thing.

what bugged me with the smaller turbos is that when you wanted to get up it, it would feel flat in the top end - only because it was making more down low so it felt like less up top if that makes sense. The GTX3582 is very linear and predictable which is what I personally like - you can really controll the power in the corners which was problematic with the smaller turbo . but at 110kph at 2000rpm in 6th it will still haull ass if overtaking without a gear change - or you can drop into 4th and your into rocket ship territory.

personally I think the GTX3582 is a perfect match for the manual - and it gives you head room to play in the future

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 3m 1d

just get a 4" to 4" silcon joiner off pw.. Much cheaper..

I have a gtx3576 on my g6et for a bit.. putting the .5 cover will only wreck the extra top end you get out of this turbo. on 98 we got it making 400rwkw but was struggling.. the happy spot was around 380rwkw.. would see over 400 on e85.. It was freaking crazy on the street!

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 10m 23d

Hi Trav, What exact specs was your GTX3576R?

How is the response like compared to the Stock FG Turbo, especially when taking off from standstill and accelerating, or at low speed then punching the gas, and also part throttle response compared to stock?

• Member For: 12y 5m 26d

So in my ute the standard turbo is stuffed. I am reading all this and as it is a daily driver and a manual I am leaning towards GTX3576 for responsiveness compared to the 82 but nobody here can really identify that as an issue? Is it just that the 82 is making so much more?

As it is a daily driver I want a fairly safe tune...... so will the 76 be enough?

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

What model have you got? From all accounts seems as though the 76 runs out at High 300's and same at 400. Whilst the 82 has seen 450+. Unless you're looking at rebuilding the motor then the 76 will be more than enough for most daily drivers

• Like 1