Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Resonating Through Rear End.

mick1378

• Member For: 13y 1m 1d

I had installed by midas nolathane diff bushes (wanted super pro) but midas store I went to obviously have no idea on non standard bushes (and the misses picked up and paid for before I could object). Regardless the general feel of the bush is fine, but I do get a bad resonating noise through the read end if I either (auto manuel mode) down shift as car winds down through 2nd gear mainly it gets to a point that it resonates badly through a certain portion of the rev range or if I accelerate only really in 3rd / 4th when under load but not high revving same resonating noise comes from rear end. Any help please there is a clunking in diff if I'm on and off throttle so is this maybe a diff issue. Thanks in advance

Mr4.0 I understand more noise but this is a massive resonating noise and it only Happens part way through the rev range sounds to me like it could be diff as stated earlier there is a clunk in rear end that sounds like diff centre. So I'm thinking maybe its bearings in there on their way out.

Ralph no just rear end. Unless you mean centre left and right diff bushes, control blades, upper and lower control arms etc were also done.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

If they replaced all three diff mounting bushes and didn't set the depth correctly on the front bushes,the diff mounting out diggers can contact the cradle and cause symptoms similar to what you describe.

Thanks Ralph I will check it out. is there an measurement or something that I can check myself.

I am assuming that you ment out riggers and they would be the 2 round rods that go from cradle forwards 2 body one either side of diff centre off memory.

I'd found out after the fact that this is the first set of non genuine bushes they had installed. (Lucky me)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Yeah thats correct mate, nothing you can really meausre in situ, just have a look how close the outriggers are to the cradle. (take a happy snap if you can and post it up)

post-45190-0-87677700-1378278732_thumb.jpost-45190-0-09653500-1378278697_thumb.jpost-45190-0-53649900-1378278783_thumb.j

New at this so hope they upload. Now what I thought was ment by outrigger was the arm from the cradle to chassis but now I realise that you more than likley mean the two arms off the diff centre that attach to the left and right bush correct.

post-45190-0-28759400-1378278828_thumb.j

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Whats the part number on the bush? If I didn't know better I would swear they have been installed facing the wrong way. The arms look mighty close to me.

EDIT: found the install instruction, The bush is installed with the recess to the rear, which is odd as it pulls the diff closer to the front