Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Resonating Through Rear End.

mick1378

• Member For: 5y 5m 27d
On 03/09/2013 at 7:00 PM, mick1378 said:

I had installed by midas nolathane diff bushes (wanted super pro) but midas store I went to obviously have no idea on non standard bushes (and the misses picked up and paid for before I could object). Regardless the general feel of the bush is fine, but I do get a bad resonating noise through the read end if I either (auto manuel mode) down shift as car winds down through 2nd gear mainly it gets to a point that it resonates badly through a certain portion of the rev range or if I accelerate only really in 3rd / 4th when under load but not high revving same resonating noise comes from rear end. Any help please there is a clunking in diff if I'm on and off throttle so is this maybe a diff issue. Thanks in advance

Hi, I found the solid rear diff bushes if they are not super pro can transmit alot of vibration through the cradle into the body of the car at the rear, especially under light acceleration when the engine revs are low and there is load, you can virtually feel the pulsations of the pistons being transmitted through the drive line into the diff through the solid diff bush into the cradle and then rear of the car body.  

• Like 1