304Rwkw G6Et

FORD G6ET

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 16d

I don't think log book type service recommendations are a good guide for modified cars. So, depending on when it was last done the stuff you can do yourself such as engine oil and oil filter changes, air filter check (and really, you might think about a K&N as a replacement) are a good idea. Heaps of info on the forum about when to change oil ( anywhere from 5 - 10,000 KMS so go for 7500 as a good average) and what Brand and type to use. Repco have an oil sale on at the moment so a big choice there.

Then, wheels off and at least have a look at the brake pads. If they are under 3mm thick time to replace and machine the discs.

I am not a big fan of leaving the coolant in cars for too long despite the "four year or 250,000 KM life" promise on some of the bottles. I'll stick my neck out and say 3 and a bit years is enough and time to ditch it. It is a DYI job but a bit messy.

Finally, change the fuel filter (probably an original???) - and you will need C spanners for that. I see you use E85. On the forum there is some good debate from informed sources about E85 and filters, so go with that.