Coil Packs

FOONIN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d

Hi guys

I need to get a new set of coil packs due to my 06 f6 (tuned) misfiring a bit under load as well as the speedo cutting out when under heavy load.

Have looked up older forums here and it would appear genuine seem to work best. So I gave my local ford dealer a call and asked for a price - NZ$189 each + gst....

Is there a club advertiser who sells these or someone have contacts? I just think $189 each is a bit over the top when I heard they can be around the AUS$70

• Donating Members

that's the idea ratter....Ill try one other dealer and if they are still crapply priced Ill head offshore for them....was hoping someone may have a connection to a ford dealer from the forums...would save emailing all the dealers.

Am looking at these though so hopefully they are legit and are available http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-OEM-Ignition-Coil-Ford-Falcon-LTD-territory-BA-BF-6-pack-BAF12A366A-/120838063104?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c22828400

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

there was a ford dealer a few years ago that was caught selling aftermarket parts as genuine over their front counter, they were copying packaging etc so it appeared to be genuine, I'm always a bit wary now especially when a dealer is also selling parts on ebay cheaper than what they sell to the trade for. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/ford-dealer-sued-for-odd-bits/story-e6frf7kx-1111112812527

• Donating Members

"Ford Australia alleges the Jefferson Ford dealership, which also owns City Ford and President Ford, has been passing off mufflers, batteries and other spare parts sourced elsewhere as genuine Ford parts."

So turns out I wont be buying those then. bugger it.

What brand are the factory ones? I had a look at mine today and they appear to be Visteon