Swindog

• Member For: 10y 8m 12d

So had the Coon into the dealership to get the blue tooth firm ware updated so we could have the handsfree and iphone working etc.

They did the update, however in the process came across an internal error code related to the front display interface module.

Error code B1342

possible causes internal microprocessor failure refer to workshop manual for further diagnosis.

This is the reason the blue tooth and I-connector wont work.

They wouldnt go any further for me which is disappointing but its going back in and the car dealer is paying for it and the repair whatever it maybe will be covered by warranty.

Anyone else come across this issue?

The issues accuring are no blue tooth connectivity - ie, when you go to pair a new phone, nothing comes up and when you connect an ipod or iphone it does nothing, no charging no music, nothing.

The radio and aux plug still work however.

This is the best I could find -

(abs) b1342. control mod fault. replaced mod.
Resolved Question:

(abs) b1342. control mod fault. replaced mod. cant clear codes. abs not workin.checked power and ground both good

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert: Ford snr master replied 3 years ago.

with a code like this and the conditions you have mentioned, I would first make sure that the ECU is the module replaced and not the HCU. Second, if the ECU wasn't replaced with a new module,then it could be that the used module is faulty as well. The 1342 code is kind of like a death code that indicates the module itself is faulty, and usually isnt caused by a poor power or ground feed, especially since you were able to retrieve the code it indicated that the powers and grounds ARE in fact powering up the module. Though if you prefer you could load test the power and ground feeds to ensure there is no voltage drop across the circuits, if that checks ok then I would suggest replacing the ABS ECU, either with a new part if a used one was installed, or returning the new one if new and exchanging it as a 'service part warranty' concern.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the car back at the dealer today.

Replaced the battery then we could hook the phone up. 5 mins later it cut out.

Ford got a replacement bluetooth module to try but same issue.

Delving into the codes it suggested a mis match of the ACM.

Does anyone know if you can re programme the audio control module to match the vehicle?