4 Speed Auto Transmission Max Reliable Power

Peter_M

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

A "built" BTR can "usually" take low 300's for quite some time but again driving style has alot to do with it

Some stock BTR's can hang on to modified power

The mid range torque of the turbo 4.0 just kills the BTR but again if u look after it and get it serviced often and a big transcooler on board u should get many trouble free kms with ~260rwkw

My first T6 ran high 290 rwkws with more 1/4 passes than I can count.

Valve body mods , big tranny cooler servicing and some mechanical sympathy it never missed

a beat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d

I have always backed the btr.. Built correctly and good maintenance goes a long way. My btr got built in dec 07, and have only changed planateries over a yr ago.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 11d

My built BTR has 80,0000 odd km on it holding 370rwkw street only with no cooler. It needed a freshen-up (new bands and torringtons while it was open) after about 50,000km. I never give it a boot full in 4th and drive it like a manual, always down-shifting to use engine breaking. Line pressures were upped both in the box and tune. It bangs firmly into all gears and has never flared. Considering the price of a rebuild and just 1 freshen up in 80,000km, it's a ripper little box for daily driving and as mentioned in previous replies, built right and looked after, it should go for quite a while with power well into the 300rwkw region.

• 7 years later...