2014 FH Falcon

Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 28d

Yeah my EX HWY BF MARK II XR6T I bought with 60,000kms...and it's done 245,000KMS...I'm starting to worry that im going to start having tranny and turbo wear problems soon...which is why im looking at upgrading...but im not convinced on the high kms the exchasers have at the auctions...

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

These engines and turbo's are fine as long as regular servicing has taken place. :) High km's isn't really that much of a concern if it's kept factory and serviced a lot. Obviously other factors like suspension components etc may have worn, but that's the same with any "older" car - it depends how it's been driven.

• Member For: 10y 4m 27d

Gearboxes are probably of the greatest concern. These engines put them through alot, regularly serviced or not they will wear out. The ZF is rated at 600nm input. So at 533nm(fg) that comes in pretty hard and fast, (Manufactures tend to be conservative with ratings) its any wonder they sh*t themselves when we start asking more of them.

At 250xxx it would certainly be on my mind. I'd either sell or start putting some cash aside just in case.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 22d

Want to find one unattended for 15 minutes and swap out my white worm rims with theirs... they wouldn't even notice. If they did, they wouldn't care.

Edited by -Stever-

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 28d

Lol...My first car was a UC Torana...or Sunbird...they did have weird looking lights...

Regarding the white worm rims...I bought a spare FPV rim and tyre off a written off FG II highway patrol car...(it was the spare wheel...wasn't used, but some of the clearcoat had come off due to the fire brigade spraying some chemical on the car so it wouldnt catch fire)

I took it to Bob Jane in Haberfield and the guys polished it up and clearcoated it, and you can't even tell where the clearcoat had peeled off before...(looks brand new)...this cost me $80 and it was same day service...

• Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

ROFL the old Sunbird. learnt to drive in a Toyota Corona Wagon with the same donk

Pig of a thing. Previous family vehicle was a Ford Cortina 1500 Estate Wagon imported

from the UK would have shat all over it. Memories. Wish the old man had kept that one.

A classic do er upperer. Probably the only one in the country at the time.British racing green as well.

• Like 1