2014 FH Falcon

Dagabond

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

Why would Ford keep throwing in money to prop up a already doomed product. Expensive Daewoo is just using is golden handout it got to refresh there range. Still wont help there bottom line but the Fat Cats will take there share when its stumps.

Nice car. Should be either V8 or Turbo charged V6 not a crappy NA 3.7 V6. The thing weighs about as much as the Queen Mary.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Well that means we can mod it then and get it twin turbo?

I always wanted the 350/370Z but when you have kids, it is not an option.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

So based on the "only if you own it logic" how can anyone bag the FGX? I gave my honest opinion (which was apparently the wrong thing to do) and it's only been met with childish retorts...I'm still yet to understand what facts I've fcked up.

I could: barely driven anything else for 6 months...

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Value is a very subjective thing. To me I value comfort, performance & handling over anything else when comparing the two.

I've had the displeasure of driving a VF for an extended period and couldn't wait to get out of the fckn thing. Over complicated dash with an unresponsive slow clumsy interface, buttons and switches in places that don't make sense, massive pillars that necessitate to need for blind spot warnings and self-parking because you can't actually see your surroundings, and a stupid parkbrake that is more of a hindrance than anything because it's not obvious when it's set like the presence of an actual lever operated brake (procedure is engage transmission and hit the go pedal, car won't move realise handbrake is still on, press handbrake button, get warning on dash that you can't turn the handbrake off without your foot on the brake pedal, foot on brake, press handbrake button again, curse the wonderful technology, drive off after waiting a bit longer as you've now missed the gap in traffic )

Yeah it has heaps of cool boy-racer inspired gadgets but I'll pass and would actively avoid a Falcon if the followed the same path.

A Prius?

I'm guessing there's a point in there somewhere but I can't really see it.

massive pillars that necessitate to need for blind spot warnings

I agree. the front pillar is wide and I dont like it. But the side pillar is the same width as FG. Blind spot mirrors are for whats behind you SO>>>>>.

a stupid parkbrake that is more of a hindrance than anything because it's not obvious when it's set like the presence of an actual lever operated brake (procedure is engage transmission and hit the go pedal, car won't move realise handbrake is still on, press handbrake button, get warning on dash that you can't turn the handbrake off without your foot on the brake pedal, foot on brake, press handbrake button again, curse the wonderful technology, drive off after waiting a bit longer as you've now missed the gap in traffic )

Just push the accelerator, the car will turn the park brake off for you and off you go. You were 100% wrong on that one.

boy-racer inspired gadgets

I wouldnt call heads up display with speed limit and current speed limit "BOY RACER" I would call them safety features. Something the new ford lacks. So what is a boy racer gadget.

Over complicated dash with an unresponsive slow clumsy interface, buttons and switches in places.

that's probably because the car you drove was a hire car and you drove it for literally 5 minutes. After a few days in mine and a good read of the manual, I found the interface easy to use.

​Sorry to everyone I didnt reply straight away , but I do have a life other than the forum.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d

​Sorry to everyone I didnt reply straight away , but I do have a life other than the forum.

When you drive a VF all those gadgets consume most of your spare time :laughing:

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:popcorn2: will wait for Tab's response on the EPB issue.

"Blind spot mirrors are for whats behind you SO" ... your point? you didn't seem to make one.

The fact of how "unresponsive" or how "clumsy" an interface is, is irrelevant of your own personal skill with such an interface. Even the worst interfaces can be used quickly by a competent operator. It's about being friendly to as many people as possible while also offering as many features as possible. How unresponsive it is will give the operator a sense of "why am I waiting for this" more often than not. You definitely don't want an unresponsive interface while trying to drive a car.

Tab's terminology of "boy racer" probably means something along the lines of "flashy" or "look at me" style features that don't give you a lot of benefit, just the ability to "show it off to your friends". The HUD is definitely one of these things as all of this information is available elsewhere on the dash, but only gives you a minor convenience of having it slightly more in your view when looking at the road. I can understand this if it was marketed at "you won't get speeding fines if you can see your speed while you're scanning for speed camera's" then it might make more sense, but it's just a gimmick that's hard to see in high glare environments.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Boy racer as in all the red lights and buttons and dials, apparently that's what sets it apart in styling from the FG.

I didn't realise that about the park brake and wish I did, would certainly have made things easier.

Had a hire car for a week and couldn't wait to get rid of it. In my FG previously and now SZ territory with properly adjusted mirrors there are no blind spots whatsoever and that's a massive deal for me. I cannot handle driving a vehicle without seeing what's going on, just looking for an orange light on your side mirror to decide if it's safe to change lanes or not does not sit right with me...prefer to see what I'm about to run off the road.

Yes heads-up display is an awesome thing but other than that I'm not sure what the VF has over the FGII let alone the FG-X. There are however it seems plenty of nifty features that you'll only use for a few weeks until the novelty wears off or when showing off to your mates.