2014 FH Falcon

Dagabond

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Do you have any idea what I spend my money on? No. So your opinion on what I might spend my money on is irrelevant.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Value is a very subjective thing. To me I value comfort, performance & handling over anything else when comparing the two.

I've had the displeasure of driving a VF for an extended period and couldn't wait to get out of the fckn thing. Over complicated dash with an unresponsive slow clumsy interface, buttons and switches in places that don't make sense, massive pillars that necessitate to need for blind spot warnings and self-parking because you can't actually see your surroundings, and a stupid parkbrake that is more of a hindrance than anything because it's not obvious when it's set like the presence of an actual lever operated brake (procedure is engage transmission and hit the go pedal, car won't move realise handbrake is still on, press handbrake button, get warning on dash that you can't turn the handbrake off without your foot on the brake pedal, foot on brake, press handbrake button again, curse the wonderful technology, drive off after waiting a bit longer as you've now missed the gap in traffic )

Yeah it has heaps of cool boy-racer inspired gadgets but I'll pass and would actively avoid a Falcon if the followed the same path.

The thing is on the drive to work today I didn't go over 2500 rpm once. Couldn't traffic. Most of the time we just sit in our cars and commute. And I know which one I would rather be sitting in

A Prius?

I'm guessing there's a point in there somewhere but I can't really see it.

• Like 8

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

In early 2016 I'm searching for a new lease car up to 55 k. As much as the XR8 is appealing (may not be available then), even if it wasn't I'm in the boat were the last Ford is just not good enough to purchase as an all round package. As much as being a Ford Fan I hate hate Holdens, I can understand why people are buying them.

As for computers replacing skills. You have a point. But market forces rule. As long as you can always buy a good power to weight rear wheel drive vehicle in a manual I'm happy. When that's not the case I will despair.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 7m 16d

Panda - that's exactly what I did when I sold my VX. In my price range was the XR6 or the SS. XR6 was better value for money. If I had to do the same between a FGX or a VF, I still think I would easily choose the FGX.

The experience a guy had thundering his "worlds fastest 4 dr sedan" down the 1/4 mile for a blistering fast mid 14 sec pass is where it's at. Or hammering a GTR-XU1 around Bathurst driving it right up to the threshold of disaster, knowing that I do not have a bunch of digital safety devices to control my car in the event of making a mistake. It's raw, and it leaves the onus, mostly, on driver error.

This is prob all a moot argument though. It won't be long until we drive our cars via apps on our smart phones, and then the argument can change from "Expensive Daewoo or ford" to "apple or android"...

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Well of course it will be Android.

I mean, logically we would have to use something 'technology advanced' before something 'fruity'..........wouldn't we?

• Like 2

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Value is a very subjective thing. To me I value comfort, performance & handling over anything else when comparing the two.I've had the displeasure of driving a VF for an extended period and couldn't wait to get out of the fckn thing. Over complicated dash with an unresponsive slow clumsy interface, buttons and switches in places that don't make sense, massive pillars that necessitate to need for blind spot warnings and self-parking because you can't actually see your surroundings, and a stupid parkbrake that is more of a hindrance than anything because it's not obvious when it's set like the presence of an actual lever operated brake (procedure is engage transmission and hit the go pedal, car won't move realise handbrake is still on, press handbrake button, get warning on dash that you can't turn the handbrake off without your foot on the brake pedal, foot on brake, press handbrake button again, curse the wonderful technology, drive off after waiting a bit longer as you've now missed the gap in traffic )Yeah it has heaps of cool boy-racer inspired gadgets but I'll pass and would actively avoid a Falcon if the followed the same path. A Prius?I'm guessing there's a point in there somewhere but I can't really see it.

Tab. You have it wrong on so many levels but let's just leave it there.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

My opinion and judgment is wrong because you don't agree?

Sorry I'll just sit back and let you girls slur a product for no reason other than what is obviously confirmation bias without any real substance to your argument.

• Like 1