2014 FH Falcon

Dagabond

• Member For: 10y 8m 12d

Why are people obsessing about "features"? These creature comforts are making for very lazy and unskilled operators of both cars and trucks.

There was a time when cars had non-synchromesh boxes and controls on the steering wheel to advance and retard timing etc. but have been phased out by easier ways for the average motorist to use.

Now the argument seems to be - if it isn't the fastest, cheapest car, loaded with the worlds best gadgets and able to run a 10 second pass while listening to Bluetooth music with the air-con blasting while eating a Big Mac while my slush box changes gears - it must be a poor attempt at building a car.

Who would actually ever think parking assist is a feature that a muscle car driver would ever want or need? "Yeah, I love driving forward really, really fast, but I can't maneuver it backwards even at crawling pace".....I don't want to share the roads with people that can't park a relatively small vehicle.

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Because 4x60 air con just does not cut it anymore ;)

Times have changed for the better and when a hyundai has more workable features than a supposedly "premium" aussie built car its time to jump ship

This could of really been something brilliant for ford to do as a last and final punt of an always feature lagging brand but it true spirit its failed

Looks are one thing, power is another but the interior is still fg crap and when your over the power buzz not much is left on the ford to make u want to go out and get one

Both the vf and fh have styling that iam not crazy about but I like to buy australian when I can and after u weight up both makes/models even a true ford lover like my self can't argue the Expensive Daewoo is a fair wack ahead in alot of areas that I want in a car

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 8m 12d

I'm the opposite in this case jet - a Expensive Daewoo guy turned ford. I really like both cars and would be happy with either.

A car packaged with a blower and brembos as opposed to park assist is a car I'd sooner spend my money on though.

Not talking from a mechanical point of view - purely an operators one, it's the experience of driving I'm more focused on. I hugely rate 4x60 a/c (well, 2x150 in a turbo ute)...you get to hear all the sounds of the car which lead to being able to drive it smoother and quicker. Not withstanding the huge load a/c puts on an engine as well.

Either way, so long as the cars I drive aren't powered by RB25's or 2JZ's I'll be more than happy.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d

The thing is on the drive to work today I didn't go over 2500 rpm once. Couldn't traffic. Most of the time we just sit in our cars and commute. And I know which one I would rather be sitting in

For all the guys that knock the features. Go drive one and then comment. Blind spot alert and heads up display are the best things ever invented. I don't have to take my eyes off the road to know my speed and the allowed speed limit. It's all in front of me. Who wouldn't want that

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

I think we should take any fanboys of the VF "features" (which are essentially human skills being replaced by computers) over to their own thread. This thread is about the FH (FGX) Falcon. Frankly I'm sick of hearing Ford people say how "crap" the new car is... if it's so crap just do yourself a favour and don't buy it.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d

Just a question. A few people are keen

And you will always get negative and positive comments. Everyone mostly has an opinion. But that's all it is. Their opinion.

I think like me die hard ford fans just feel so let down with the new car. Could have been so great. But it is what it is. Sales figures will tell the story. That will be the judge

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

bullsh*t. if you had the money to spare you'd do what every other person does and see what the best value for your money is.

• Like 4