What Petrol To Run?

Bazza96

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 10y 11m 5d

The 10% ethanol is what gets you the extra power/torque...I found no fuel consumption loss from 98 to 100 E10 due to the added torque the 100 provided at less revs meaning throttle was needed to be leant on less to get to speed limit as 98 would....well that's how I thought it worked as I wasn't penalised so to speak with over 500kms to the tank no worries on 60lb Deka's.

As a standard car when I tried it she did use the extra you would expect.

Have you had a car with this in the tank and tested the ethanol content ratter to see if its 10%?

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 21d

As has been stated above, whatever you have in the tank to get it tuned is what you will use from then on - unless you get 2 or 3 tunes for different fuels - therefore if you use United 100, think about where you "MAY" drive the car one day.....will there be a United with 100 there?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, to make 100 octane, United start with ulp 91 and add ethanol to increase the rating to 100....

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 10y 11m 5d

Its 98 octane with 10% ethanol giving it the 100octane rating.

94 octane is 91 with 10% ethanol added.

Lower the base number of the fuel then more effective the same amount of ethanol added will be in comparison hence why 91 with 10% gains 3 points and 98 only gets 2 points with the same content added(10%)

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 2m 12d

Yeah, I guess ill just get it tuned on 98.

United is getting bigger, but there is always bound to be a BP around somewhere, or a caltex.

And man, toowoomba has like old servo's man, some look dodgy as, I dont even think a second about turning in and filling up, just due to how they look on the outside.. lol.

Presensation is everything I guess xD

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

BP on Tor st is pretty tops, caltex's on ruthven are good also, united on west is good and BP on bridge is good.

But for consistent quality based on big turn over I wouldn't go past the BP on Tor.. (Plus it has a bottle-o next door and good tucker next to that)

BP on bridge is over priced as they do driveway service (same with the shell on Anzac)..

Actually the shell on the corner of bridge and holberton is pretty good also..

• Member For: 11y 2m 12d

Also, just had a little look on wiki about the 'Barra 182' motor, it says..

"More power and torque can be obtained using higher octane fuels, though such figures have never been officially told, close to 199 kW is possible when running Barra182 on RON98 petrol, 402Nm of torque is achievable too"

What do you think of that? Obviously every engine is not the same, but an extra 17kw at the motor, so say roughly that at the wheels.. just on 98?

Reckon is a load of bulls**t?

The guy at Forced Performance tuning said you'd only gain about 2-4rwkw of 98.. Compared to 95 anyway.

Edited by Bazza96