Help My Turbo Is Not Well

shanoplata

• Member For: 10y 10m 21d

Hello, I need some help if anyone cares to give any info on my turbo problem. I have a BA XR6 turbo ute mk2 that has an intercooler, intake pipework, 3.5ëxhaust. I fitted new 60lb deka injectors and loaded my bpracing X3 60lb 11psi tune today (I know using these tunes can be like playing russian roulette and had planned on not driving it until I get it dyno tuned but I just went for a zip down the road).The car idled fine and drove well unti I hit WOT the turbo made an uneven whooshing noise and then made what sounded like a mega blow off valve noise(not metallic), after the noise I could hear the turbo spooling up but it also made a sound like the boost was escaping and the cars performance is that of an N/A vehicle. I will look tomorrow at the turbo and piping but it's too dark now was just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Is that tune you have one that is designed for 60lb dekas?

• Member For: 10y 10m 21d

Thanks for the help, I got under there this morning and found the pipe leading into the bottom of the turbo (air outlet) had blown right off. The pipe only had a spring clamp so will replace it with a threaded hose clamp to hopefully give me a better hold. Has anyone here tryed the external NIZPRO overboost valve????????? I would like to avoid splitting the turbo to be sent off and ported. And also can you replace the actuator without pulling the turbo off????. I will do some searches tonight as I'm sure theres threads on all of these but don't have any time today and would greatly appreciate any input.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

You could use the Nizpro valve to bleed off boost. Yes you can change the actuator on the car but is quite difficult.

P1050901.jpg

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

Nizzer overboost valve not required. ^^^^^^^^^ edit: wow that's the first time ive ever seen one in use!!!

Yep you can replace the actuator without dropping turbo, but im guessing you havent finished modding; so just drop the turbo, get the wastegate port opened up a bit, new flapper, new actuator, and never worry about boost issues ever again.

do it once, do it right! will save you in the long run.

Edited by ms700
aarons post
  • Like 1