Tune N/a Xr6 That Is The Question?

g5jett

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

Hi all,

Has anyone tuned there fg xr6 n/a? if so what computer

(eg:kappa flash) did you use? what other mods did you have?

& after all was said and done was it worth it?

cheers...

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

What is wrong with Kappa flash tune?

in the past this is what everybody usto use on the turbos (at least version 1 & then 2 not to sure how ver.3 went never had any experience with it)

at least I thought if its good for the turbos even easyer for the n/a ??

Anyway, what are people using? what mods? and what power has been acheived??

Cheers..

• Member For: 12y 3m 15d

Jett- there are plenty of entries on the forum on this. On an N/A FG, it seems that ( from the manual) you can go from a factory 195 on 91 octane to 198 ( and 409NM of torque)on 95 octane with the stock exhaust. After that, you need a full system with some extractors and a 98 tune to get an estimated 212 - 215 at the engine. The FG has a better VCT than the the earlier

cars and better cams - duo phased. As a guide, there are BA/BF's with a reported 170 - 172 at the wheels with tune, good exhaust and underdrive pulleys - and I am not getting into any debate about the value of underdrives.( plenty already on the forum).

Generic tunes are just so terrific. I had one on my T..... 2 seconds later it went back for a real tune to get rid of the sh1tty idle, surge on starting, and inconsistent power delivery. The tuner showed me a look at the AFR's - too lean at the top end = trouble. Tuning has come a long way and what you get from a custom tune is a good result for YOUR car.

Of course, the factory uses one "generic" download - but they are conservative, reported as occasionally updated and must cater for the idiot factor inbuilt into some vehicle owners.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 21d

I had my 2011 FG N/A tuned using the SCT flash tuner. I used it to clean up the standard Ford settings not to increase horsepower. At this stage of have had the idle lowered, the transmission shift points changed, the pressure of the upshifts increased and adjustments made to the throttle to make it more responsive.

Car now feels a lot more cleaner to drive with increased response through the pedal and quicker harder gear changes.

All of the changes that have been made where done by driving and adjusting not by dyno. It would have been nice to have it dyno tuned so I could see what power it was making but that was just going to cost way too much.

Plans are to dyno tune it at a later date when I add a Herrod air box exhaust and extractors.

Car currently runs on 98 PULP fuel so I expect that it could be making a claimed 198KW and 408 NM of torque.

• Member For: 10y 8m 11d

Spending money modifying an NA XR6 is like paying for your 40 year old wife to get bolt ons. Better, but still a waste of money.

Just sell it and buy a turbo if you want to go faster.

And if you're on your P's and can't buy a turbo, then save the money until you're off your P's and then sell it and get a turbo, you'll be happier in the long run.

Myself and no doubt plenty of others have thrown $000's at NA 6's and never gotten what we wanted - it's just a waste of money.

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 7m 22d

Speak for urself .......... A fat 6 with comp cams, xorst and all the bits sounds awesome and goes good enough. Buy a turbo, you'll still want more anyway. Be happy with what u got and make the most of it.

Feels cool when u smoke an 8 and they ask what u driving......