Tune N/a Xr6 That Is The Question?

g5jett

• Member For: 10y 6m 25d

Tuning options:

XCAL 2 unlocked, generic or custom tune

SCT XCAL 3 unlocked, generic or custom tune

VCM Suite tune

Sniper box, generic or custom tune

XCAL 1 boxes are outdated and tuners are unable to upload tunes to it. Some tuners can download the old tune via VCM suite, but you it will be missing some parameters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 3m 20d
On 2013/8/22 at 9:28 PM, acclaim6 said:

I had my 2011 FG N/A tuned using the SCT flash tuner. I used it to clean up the standard Ford settings not to increase horsepower. At this stage of have had the idle lowered, the transmission shift points changed, the pressure of the upshifts increased and adjustments made to the throttle to make it more responsive.

Car now feels a lot more cleaner to drive with increased response through the pedal and quicker harder gear changes.

All of the changes that have been made where done by driving and adjusting not by dyno. It would have been nice to have it dyno tuned so I could see what power it was making but that was just going to cost way too much.

Plans are to dyno tune it at a later date when I add a Herrod air box exhaust and extractors.

Car currently runs on 98 PULP fuel so I expect that it could be making a claimed 198KW and 408 NM of torque.

Hey mate, I'm thinking of getting the same thing done with the SCT flash tuner to make the gear changes more responsive. Can you spare some ideas on how to get this done properly?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
On 8/23/2013 at 12:24 PM, Danimal said:

Spending money modifying an NA XR6 is like paying for your 40 year old wife to get bolt ons. Better, but still a waste of money.

Just sell it and buy a turbo if you want to go faster.

And if you're on your P's and can't buy a turbo, then save the money until you're off your P's and then sell it and get a turbo, you'll be happier in the long run.

Myself and no doubt plenty of others have thrown $000's at NA 6's and never gotten what we wanted - it's just a waste of money.

:stupid:

also, :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

anybody who does ZF tunes can do it... but it's not worth it the cost/time to do it on an N/A, imho.

If you're 100% on it, check out the location-specific forums for your location and go to the recommended tuner threads and ring around to the places mentioned to decide which is the best one for you and your specific requirements.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Tuner will use the SCT Xcal (3 or higher) to load tweaked tables for the TCM

Maybe about $350 for the transmission only tune and about the same again for a 2nd hand Xcal (off the top of my head)

• Member For: 6y 3m 20d

Cheers mate, heaps of thanks!!! Can I tune the transmission myself or better off with a tuner

8 minutes ago, k31th said:

anybody who does ZF tunes can do it... but it's not worth it the cost/time to do it on an N/A, imho.

If you're 100% on it, check out the location-specific forums for your location and go to the recommended tuner threads and ring around to the places mentioned to decide which is the best one for you and your specific requirements.

Cheers mate. Wonder how they charge for such a tune. If it costs more than $1000, then I'll sell the NA xr6 and get a turbo