Sign in to follow this  
F6Fury

Has Any Checked Their Boost On Zf Gear Change

Hey guys has any actually checked for boost pressure spikes between gear changes on the fg zf,mine seems to spike up to 4psi,and yes I have the bigger flapper valve and stock dump

I haven't checked on my FG, but on my BF I have a boost gauge and that spikes on every gear change...normal apparently.

hey bro how much spike are you seeing?

Funnily enough I re-posted this exact picture only last night of my car when it was stock (BFII XR6T).

RPMandPSI1stto3rdgear.png

The boost level jumps on ALL autos, 4speed or 6 speed.

If its tuned in closed loop, the PCM will command 0duty as it exceeds the overboost limit, but even this is not enough to stop the spike.

Seeing as though you have enough time to look at the boost gauge whilst driving hard, I suggest you go out and get more mods/power to distract you from the boost gauge :)

Hahaha, +1. I no longer care as much as I did when my car was stock and I made that graph :)

Why would it run lean? The ford speed density tables are mapped regardless of boost pressure. Its only when you exceed the measuring capacity of the factory map sensor is when it can become lean.

The only problem you need to worry about is the point in which it pulls down in the next gear, it doesn't ping. Most tuners know this and create somewhat of a timing hole at this RPM point, But there's better ways to handle this.