Strange Idle After Engine Swap

MY ROD GOT OUT

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 6m 25d

That's next, forgot to pull off vac hose while its running to see if its leaking fuel. Seems to overfuel on all injectors though as there is fuel/oil build up in each runner. I'm assuming something is telling PCM to add more fuel at idle. No codes (haven't tried ford though to see if they find codes on their system).

So not fuel reg, and definitely can't find any vac leaks. Put a manual vac gauge on and car sits steady at 14hg vac. Doesn't fluctuate at all which points to timing issue??

Would it have anything to do with the cam solenoids maybe not working properly at idle?? They can gum up apparently and cause issues. I'm stumped.

• 1 month later...

Ok so have worked out my issue well sort of.... Changed injectors back to stock, loaded stock tune and bam smooth idle and instant fuel at 1.8lt. Dunno y the deka 60's didn't like the fg setup?? Anyway moving on I'm looking at some deatschwerks 740cc injectors, any body used them?? Other than that im looking at the cheapest option to stay at current power level (346rwkw) and get a good idle. Thoughts??

• Member For: 11y 8m 6d

my ba xr6t stck besides a cat back exhaust has a really lumpy and missing idle only with aircon off, of air cons on its smooth as!! and instant fuel useage is around 1.3-1.7 (air con off or on)

ive replaced everything and its still doimng it haha. im thinking gummed up phasers? would some engin flush help if it was?