Fg Droped A Valve

blueprintbullet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 17d

auto or manual mate? your thread probably mentions it....

either way, Has it ever been over revved accidentally? timing issue aside, that's about the only time you'd kiss the valves. The rev limiter can catch an engine on the way up, but if you shift down (kind of like compression braking) the limiter is not capable of catching the revs, due to the wheels driving the engine and not vice versa...

just a thought.

cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d

The next question is ...... what mods can be done to the engine to prevent the chain skipping teeth.

HD Chain and Tensioner with higher spring presure.

Part of the issue with stock chain is that it is quite weak, and is likely to stretch, especially with stronger springs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 15d

Haven't posted for a while but there really wasn't much happening as the car wasn't here. Ford finally said no after they made me jump through hoops and the car has finally been brought home. I have now reassembled the head with just two valves and timed the cams two teeth in advance and there is no doubt that the valves are hitting when I turned it over but I was still able to push it past I will try to make a vid tomorrow and post it up to see

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

Sorry to hijack but the mention of coming off the throttle hard being a potential cause for jumping teeth, is this coming off WOT/higher rpm or applies or just in general? I often accelerate 3/4 and back off when hitting speed limit, and sounds like I really need to stop!

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 21d

I nailed it then hit the brake after I saw a set of lights had a camera in it. Night night for my bf2 engine lol

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 18d

What point are you at now?

ie has FoMoCo washed their hands of it, and you are taking it further?

Cool video, very well demonstrated, but I doubt Ford CEO's are surfing youtube right now, and will therefore honour your claim......