Bf Turbo Engine Mount

xr6t4life

• Member For: 14y 9m 9d

today I just changed over my passenger side engine mount to stop my annoying vibration on idle, it was a fairly simple job took about an hour, bolts were easy enough to get to but I cant find anywhere on the net the procedure to change out the drivers side mount, I really don't want to take my turbo off again just to get to the top bolt if I don't have to. so I was wondering if anyone has changed over the drivers side mount and not taken the turbo off, any pointers or tips would be great. or even just to clarify that it is necessary to take the turbo off would help cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 1d

I used a mackay brand mount with the original strap...have not had any dramas with it at all.....the original was f*cked!! even though ford said it looked fine...wtf....you could clearly see it was disinergrating haha

im lazy but I still have to do the passenger side.......it still looks good though lol

Edited by jas98

• Member For: 21y 4m 2d

I done mine without taking the turbo off, just took the dump pipe off to get more space. But mine didn't have a H-Bracket so it wasn't too bad, I would take the turbo off if the H-Bracket is still on there!