Massive Flat Spot After Changing Turbos

04LTRB

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 4m 19d

Just wondering could it be the fuel filter I'm putting a new 1 in it soon so c if that helps at all

I it goes hard in 1st n 2nd its not the fuel filter.

X3 is telling the fault codes, I would be finding a good tuner to diagnose it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 6m 2d

Hey all jus looked in the engine bay , looked at the wastegate hose that goes to the solenoid there was no splits or holes but I noticed the the end that goes into the solenoid was very loose it jus slid on should there be a hose clip or something on it even a cable tie mayb cause this be causing the wastegate to fail / overboosting

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 2m 9d

I don't have any on my BA, except for 1 on the wastegate side due to loose hose on Turbosmart actuator. I've got a question regarding a flat spot. My 03 BA has a huge initial flat spot. Whenever I plant the foot, there's a 1.5 - 2 second delay before the desired effect. This occurs from a standing start as well as whilst in motion. I've changed the coil packs and spark plugs and installed a new actuator. I know I should get a tune, but $990 seems a bit steep to just check the air/fuel ratio. One other question, the solid pipe that runs from the turbo to the crossover seems about a cm too short. I've got to have everything just holding on for it to fit. Is there anyway to get a replacement that's a tad longer?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

It wont cost you $990 to just get the afr's checked on the dyno. Go see the local guru tuner shop ask them how much it will cost for them to check the engine bay (piping,hoses) and how much for them to run it on the dyno to diagnose and check the afr's if they don't find a problems in the engine bay.

Where are all the Cairns boys???