Pics Of 275's All Round For Circuit

nelsonian101

• Member For: 13y 6m 9d

Just stumbled on this thread. Very nice setup! Eating everyone in the Youtube videos it seems. Do you have to clean Subbies out of the airbox before going home? haha

Watching Eastern Creek, sorry SMP now, love that track, only got to do it once on the bike. 1:49 on the GP would be decent in a taxi, from memory managed a high 1:45 on a late model thou.

I don't even think that extended track section existed back then, looks good. Still it's no Queensland Raceway boy are we lucky up this way hahaha /facepalm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Just stumbled on this thread. Very nice setup! Eating everyone in the Youtube videos it seems. Do you have to clean Subbies out of the airbox before going home? haha

Watching Eastern Creek, sorry SMP now, love that track, only got to do it once on the bike. 1:49 on the GP would be decent in a taxi, from memory managed a high 1:45 on a late model thou.

I don't even think that extended track section existed back then, looks good. Still it's no Queensland Raceway boy are we lucky up this way hahaha /facepalm

It was the "2013 Renault Nationals" on the last track day at Wakefield.

When I got home to clean my Turbo side 4" K&N pod filter intake, I found not one, but 2 Clio Sports in the bottom of the airbox.

I kid you not........

True story!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Hahaha that's what we like to hear!

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Winton holds track days most Friday's.

www.driveevents.com.au hold them at Phillip Island too.

My last circuit day was September 7th but have a big week ahead.

Both Twilight Eastern Creek day this Thursday 5.30pm to 7.30pm

Then a Hill Climb at Marulan on Sunday!

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members

Update.

These medium Z214's continue to impress. Still very sticky and still not going off.

Did another twilight track night at SMP GP this week but lots of traffic. There was a fast green FG out there (see vid) but I didn't get the specs on it and was debadged.

The track rules don't allow any overtaking unless on the main straight until you are waved through, which makes setting a decent lap time impossible.

My verbal comments on the video were out of traffic frustration (which happened every lap!) , nothing to do with the driver of the Green FG (as he did the right thing waving me through anyway) :)

Most were low 53's with traffic but got in one high 51 with an optimal time of 1.50.50. That 49 looks real close now!

Next track day is circuit club March 22nd sat. at Wakefield.

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 11d

That's awesome Paul, and considering the tyres are pretty cheap it definitely makes them a good option!

Car looks so tidy and effortless going around SMP, a good sign of a well set up car and good driving!

Here's your video too, looks awesome!

Edited by Bulletime
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...