Pics Of 275's All Round For Circuit

nelsonian101

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Love the car mate sounds like a good combo of power and handling . With your current setup how do you think power would affect your lap times . Do you think you would be able to achieve similar lap times with standard power?

Also do you think your wheel and tyre combo would fit on the rear at standard height without camber or guard work?

Luke

Edited by LU82

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Love the car mate sounds like a good combo of power and handling . With your current setup how do you think power would affect your lap times . Do you think you would be able to achieve similar lap times with standard power?

Also do you think your wheel and tyre combo would fit on the rear at standard height without camber or guard work?

Luke

My car does not have a lot of top end power. What is does have is low end grunt and torque. Best times are on about 300rwkw tune. I actually found my 350rwkw tune slower as getting power down was too difficult. Peak power has very little to do with it, especially at Wakefield. What I have found you need is a big area under the dyno graph low down. I.e. you want instant power and torque low in the rev range for maximum corner exit speed. Especially in 3rd gear for expanding exit turns. The small FG turbo is perfect for this with E85 and a 4" turbo side intake. Lag is non existent and acceleration more explosive off the turns from 2000-3000rpm than any big turbo 500rwkw dyno queen. :) I don't use the last 500rpm and actually shift at 5000rpm

To answer your question, my car with current wheel/tyre combo and suspension/braking mods even if it had stock 230rwkw would be quicker than a much more powerful tuned car without the brakes/chassis mods to support it. Power was the last thing I altered. These cars don't need power, just more grip for acceleration, braking and cornering.

My current wheel/tyre combo would poke out 28mm further than the stock +35 offset 245 rear tyre assuming camber was the same.

Before my rear guards were rolled, I only just fit 275/35 18's on the back with my road +35 rims. There is no way a +22 offset would fit without a guard roll on my car or rear camber changes sorry. ;)

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Good info .

I've never done any track work in cars only bikes. Same story power is the last thing you look at when chasing a quicker lap time , with more power you usually just get increased tyre wear , inconsistent lap times and more chance of crashing.

The best thing about the track it's where the bullsh*t stops

• Donating Members

Good info .

I've never done any track work in cars only bikes. Same story power is the last thing you look at when chasing a quicker lap time , with more power you usually just get increased tyre wear , inconsistent lap times and more chance of crashing.

The best thing about the track it's where the bullsh*t stops

Experience with bikes really helps with general circuit technique. I raced for 2 years in the RB Imports series, Oran Park and Amaroo in the late 90's (750's and 250's). Actually won 5 races too!

A book I highly recommend is "Twist of the Wrist" 1st edition. Principles such as rolling on the throttle as early and smoothly as possible apply to cars too and is the best advice I have ever been given.

• Donating Members

Cool pics paul

Question - Can you take your number plates off or do you have to leave them on?

I'm thinking of taking mine off for Wakefield

You can take your number plates off at Wakefield if you want. They are pretty casual there.

Are you looking to save another 100 grams or just for the reduced wind resistance!? ;)

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

LOL no just don't want the car identified via photos if something goes wrong on the day.

I'll see what happens on the day

Edited by ANGEL#3

• Donating Members

pwr the best track cooler? I hear process west and plazmaman are only good for the quarter mile

Any decent intercooler will do the job.

In hindsight, one that doesn't block the radiator as much this, and a bit lighter would have been ideal, but this one seems to do the job fine.

Both foglights are removed too.

One feeding the pod filter and the other an engine oil cooler mounted to the front left bar.

post-16087-0-34378200-1374909599_thumb.j

post-16087-0-72986000-1374909588_thumb.j

Edited by nelsonian101