Pics Of 275's All Round For Circuit

nelsonian101

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d
20 minutes ago, nelsonian101 said:

Did Wakefield on Sunday again but yet another 1.08.2!!

Buying 2 new tyres and will try again June 22nd at a Trackschool day.

IMAG0164.jpg

The front wheels are Work XT7 18 x 10.5" +22 with 285 30 18 Hoosier R7's.

They fitted well with 3.5 neg camber and guard roll.

To compensate for lateral tyre flex I also used a 3mm spacer effectively making the front offsets +19.

Rears SSR Type C 9.5" +22 275 35 18. Rear tyres were really old. Got them for free. Thanks Nigel (Rosie) :)

This made the car lift off over steer beautifully across the top part of the track but initial drive was lacking coming onto the straight and out of turn 2.

Awesome, controllable drifting with this set up and truetrac LSD. Just not ideal for a 1.07.

Load rating is very low on the Hoosiers but car is stripped. Pressures recommended by Hoosier are also much higher than a normal grooved slick. 40psi hot! I usually run 30psi hot with a slick or 35 psi hot with r specs.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d
On 18/05/2016 at 4:51 PM, nelsonian101 said:

Rears SSR Type C 9.5" +22 275 35 18. Rear tyres were really old. 

Did you roll or flare the rears at all? Happen to know how much camber? 

• Donating Members
8 hours ago, PTR_NITRO_FG said:

Did you roll or flare the rears at all? Happen to know how much camber? 

Rear guards rolled. The car has a camber adjustment arm that allows about 2 deg max negative. Anymore and toe adjustment is affected too much and rear drive is limited.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 20d

hi mate, curious to know where you bought all the aero from, specifically the rear wing / front splitter / and also the original black lip you had on the front bar first....?

I found a pic of your car on google image search but it related to the winglets on the front bar. I've also seen you in a few of the nulon nationals videos, I've been watching a lot of them, it looks like a great series.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
On 5/28/2016 at 4:05 PM, I JET said:

hi mate, curious to know where you bought all the aero from, specifically the rear wing / front splitter / and also the original black lip you had on the front bar first....?

I found a pic of your car on google image search but it related to the winglets on the front bar. I've also seen you in a few of the nulon nationals videos, I've been watching a lot of them, it looks like a great series.

Thanks mate.

The small front splitter is from HO Phase auto's.

https://www.facebook.com/HOphasepage/?fref=ts

The larger splitter I attach only for track days as it scrapes everywhere is from JSAI. They custom made the first one for my FG, Same with the cannards.

The rear wing was from Ebay. Carbon Fibre but was very weak. Had it strengthened with extra CF by JSAI too. The stock height of the wing from ebay was useless too.

I had the supports custom made by a local engineering shop with a water jet cutter. PM for more details. 

Nulon Nationals is a great series. It moved away from what it was originally though, which was for street registered cars that could do well in many disciplines. Circuit/drags etc.

Now it's full of  unregistered trailer queens on all the teams with different cars each round suited to specific disciplines. Consequently, the cars are VERY fast now. I'm lucky to finish mid pack :) 

I was too scared to do the Bathurst round this year but regret it now. Looked awesome!

(I'd want a cage before really committing though. )

I'll be doing the SMP round late July with a GT40, Motec BA and a Supercharged TS AU in the team. Maybe that ute too.

This thing is a weapon!

http://www.nulonnationals.com.au/2016/03/10/xr6-turbo-ute-part-1/

Next day for me is June 22nd at Wakefield with trackschool.

Edited by nelsonian101
  • Like 3

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

Ute IRS rear end FTW hahaha

IMG_2458-1024x768.jpg