Mustang Returns To Oz

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we only get the V8 as they say. A four cylinder Mustang would be gayer that a handbag full of rainbows.

Hrmmmmmm.....

You'll only find me in a Super Snake

Posted Images

What if there's an initial spike as all the hopefuls/gullibles rush in and buy...

...and then everyone remembers that the dealer network are still as backwards as ever, and Ford still makes cars the same way (they're not a premium product, but they ask for a premium price).

Given that the rest of the model line up is already here and sales are fairly consistent, it is evident that whatever is added to the lineup once the local models are stopped (Territory replacement and Mustang) will need to sell around a combined 2000 units pcm to keep the brand in the same sales position. At the moment half of that 2000 units is Territory sales, so even if the replacement was equivalent I can't see 1000 mustangs flying out the door. The much cheaper/better value/more popular with international uni students 86/BRZ volumes peaked at 600 ish and have settled to 400s.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ford Performance parts already on the way, it will be refreshing to be able to buy performance parts from many providers at fair and affordable prices.

I think there will be some very tough stangs around fairly quickly after their release.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/10/12s11s10s-modifying-15-mustang/

• 4 months later...

f*cking hell 4 Cylinder mustang, come on guys we don't want fuel economy we want Pure V8 Grunt, who buys a 2 door Mustang to Pay homage to Fords history and want fuel economy that is what Kia is for, I want Pure V8 Grunt.

In a perfect world we would have a Barra engine in the new Mustang that should be the only turbo in there I'd buy that.

Edited by Z2TT

Priced well.

I agree with you mate ^^^^

I dont give a rats arse about fuel economy, so I will be very interested in the V8 at that price but alot will be interested in the 4 banger for its price too. They do mod up well with a tune...

^ That's ok, you can buy one straight from Ford Racing...done deal. I dare say a blower kit for these Mustangs will end up cheaper than the equivalent for Aus built cars. I'd be lying if I said I won't be tempted to pick up one of the V8 Mustangs in a year or so's time. Be interested to see what GM bring to the table for Aus though...

• Like 1

I'd be lying if I said I won't be tempted to pick up one of the V8 Mustangs in a year or so's time.

Changing cars like underwear!

Doooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit

Hahaha, not necessarily Steve. I'm enjoying my Bombadore at the moment, so would take a great car and a great deal to get me to change :dancing:

Also, when did I overtake you for time online?! Hmmm...I need to get out more! lol

Edited by .Stripes.

I feel the same way. The 4 cyl will need to be very mod friendly and magical if it were to make me choose one over the V8 in a Mustang (If I was buying). Ten grand less is attractive but if I'm buying a Mustang I don't want "the cheap one" that also doesn't sound as good.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

The auto web sites say that Ford will sell the new Mustang in Australia for around $55k. It's a shame it won't have the Miami supercharger.

How hard would it be to buy the XR8 FGX supercharger kit from Ford and stick it on the Mustang?

Goauto says that FGX sales have slowed to a trickle. The Goauto article is headed: Ford Falcon Slides Into Obscurity. There's 18 months left to buy an XR8 for those who want one. I wonder if the sales slump will result in factory incentives . . . or an earlier tap turn-off?

The current Motor Mag compares a Herrod XR8 to a HSV tricked up by Walkinshaw. Sounds like the XR8 loses time off the mark due to axle tramp. Is there a fix for this? Urethane bushes perhaps but are they a complete fix? The same mag also compares the Mustang to the Camaro and Dodge. Useful info for those thinking of a Mustang.

PAH

501 Falcons registered in February according to VFacts - less than what they did with FGII in February 2014! Now that says something.

My 'between the lines' take on earlier shutdown is that there are conditions attaching to the Government money Ford got which would make it HIGHLY punitive.

No advertising, 6 month waiting lists for the xr8, and dealers trying to charge 10k+ over rrp doesn't really equate to good sales....

G6ET is the pick of the bunch imo, given the new price, looks and spec....havent seen one fkn ad, not even a billboard, people dont even know they exist!

Edited by barnz

There are plenty of Blower kits for the coyote motor already. Wouldnt bother with buying one from Fraud. You will be rapped badly.

In regards to the axle tramp, Mines does it bad with 4 people in the car. Dont know about a fix..........

It feels like the whole arse end is going too explode...

You know what I'm saying guys. I just find it these days cars are made for sophisticated artsy types (no offence) with all the modern fuel saving tech stuff and all prettied up fake looking, even the new mustang looks a bit more tame than tough the older early 2000's mustangs, same thing with the FG-X compare to the FG.

Loved the old days seeing a mint VX GTS or Monaro just roll up, idling away at a Petrol station, or a mint VK SS with a nice exhaust or a VP SS just caining it around a corner no traction control or DSC ESC ABS, that's what I call Pure V8 grunt.

Still looks like a great car but for todays day and age I expect a big 7L or a Supercharged 5 you know too many V8's around these days it's like a normal thing now everyone has one, can easily get 400hp with bolt ons on a cheap LS2 Car so needs to be something special if dropping 50k+ on brand new car out of the box.

I love the Dodge Challenger if we had that in Australia at reasonable price I'd snap it up right away.

Edited by Z2TT

Guys,

It looks like the Mustang will not have the Miami V8. That's a shame. It costs $7k to upgrade from an XR6 to an XR6T. It costs around $15k to fit an aftermarket supercharger to a VF. My point - it would costs heaps less to buy a Mustang with a factory blower.

Even if the Mustang has 335kw from the factory you can bet it won't have the low down and mid range torque of the Miami V8. How much for a complete XR8 supercharger kit from Ford Spare Parts and would it bolt onto the Coyote?

Slightly off topic but related for any who may be tossing up between an XR8 or a Mustang. GoAuto reports that Falcon sales have plummeted. What will Ford do in response? Drop Falcon pricing making the XR8 an even better buy? Shut down the Falcon production line earlier than 2016?

PAH