Mustang Returns To Oz

Of course the Muzzy wont have the grunt of the blown Falcon but there will be plenty of bolt on kits for the Mustang anyway. The masses wont give a rats arse if its not blown nor care about the power figure. Plenty in the USA have bought the 4 banger as well. Its a different car to the falcon and when compared to a Nissan 370z, its priced well.

On the topic of ford production, I have only seen 1 lonely FG-X falcon on the roads of the Gold Coast driving around. So its no surprise to me if the cann production early. A bit sad but companies are struggling in todays economic climate. More casualties to come from Australias downturn. Its only just starting.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we only get the V8 as they say. A four cylinder Mustang would be gayer that a handbag full of rainbows.

Hrmmmmmm.....

You'll only find me in a Super Snake

Posted Images

I think people seem to forget that this new Mustang ISN'T a Falcon, nor is it supposed to replace it. It's actually having a crack at being a sport coupe/performance car in it's own right, not just a muscle car. From all accounts it's doing pretty darn well and handles fantastically (especially the GT350R!). Personally, I'd take one over a Falcon in a heartbeat. It may not have the grunt of the Miami, but the Coyote is still a great engine and the Mustang is lighter and puts its power down better. Plus, given it's a global car there will be a whole heap of aftermarket mods and FI kits that will be a sh*te load cheaper than what Ford would charge for a blower (which would be a terrible way to go about it!). During the pre-delivery for my GT the ming-mole tried to tell me if my supercharger died it would cost me $25k to replace it...I laughed and told her that I could get a bigger/better supercharger AND a built motor for that...so she could kindly keep her extended warranty.

Edited by .Stripes.

I don't like the mustang. As to me it represents Ford America killing off our local product so they can sell us their stuff.

Yes the latest Ford is a disappointment. But if Ford Australia were not going to cease local production it would be a better product and so would the next model etc etc.

Take your Mustang and stick it up your large smelly blurter America.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sad about the Falcon ending. I have always liked Mustangs so it's kind of a silver lining that we get them locally now. Would prefer the Falcon continue given the choice of course.

Have seen 2 FG-X around Perth outside a dealer. One orange XR ute up my way in the hills and just yesterday a G6 or G6E. For someone who drives about 15 hours a week in the metro area that's not good. Wish I could afford the XR8.

Truth is now, that the Falcon and Territory dont cut the mustard anymore. Have to laugh at the ad with a Territory along side with high end Euro SUV,s. It doesnt rate against them but is cheaper and having owned a Porsche Cayenne that is now 6 years old, Territory is still lights years behind. Sad but true........

Oh and a Mustang with boost, would be awesome................... :wwww:

Still cannot understand why people continue to say that Mustang is replacing Falcon. It's clearly a different package. It is stupid to try and sell cars when no-one wants to buy them. So why is Expensive Daewoo shutting down? Why is Toyota shutting down. Ford had the balls to announce it first cos they had to. All manufacturers are going for global platforms. It's the only way they will survive. If Ford decides to bring Fusion or Taurus to Australia, that would be seen as a replacement for Falcon. who knows, they still might. Right now if you want a 4 door sort of family sedan from Ford locally, the Mondeo is it and just quietly it's a bloody nice package.

It is true that for now Mustang will be the only performance car on offer once the XR6T and 8 are gone but when you add Focus RS to the mix in 2016 you would think they might have another performance sedan in the wings. Talk is around about an SVO version of another yank car. Let's wait and see. Meanwhile I'll be confirming my order for my Stang GT at the end of the month. It will be real hard to say goodbye to my 6T but we have to move on.

Cause Ford and Expensive Daewoo America wanted our car market to die. So they could sell us their vehicles.

It may have happened anyway. But for now f*ck you, you stinking yank cock heads.

Why don't you all shoot each other.

• Like 1

So wait which V8 is it, is it a non supercharged version of the FPV GT motor?

I don't know if they want our market to die, but isn't it because our local market cant sustain itself due to lower sales and not profitable building cars in Australia due to lower profits, we just don't seem to be selling that many Falcons anymore.

I'm tossing up between the Mustang and the Lexus RC-F for my next car the Mustang is a nice car for the money a 2 door performance car but I don't know it just seems all this Globalization is watering our cars down its like soon we'll be printing cars or making them from pre-assembled parts or flat packs

Edited by Z2TT

Could be wrong but I thought it's got the same 5.0 Coyote engine that our Miami is based off of before Ford Aus imported them and had the blower stuck on it locally.

Could be wrong but I thought it's got the same 5.0 Coyote engine that our Miami is based off of before Ford Aus imported them and had the blower stuck on it locally.

Ford Aus use the Coyote block and assemble the engines here with the own mix of parts. Heads are the same but no DI and different manifolds. Its a hand built engine here and is a wonderful motor.

Im dead keen on picking up a Mustang and running a twin turbo kit. Love to see how Coyote performs with twin snails.

• Like 1

So wait which V8 is it, is it a non supercharged version of the FPV GT motor?

I don't know if they want our market to die, but isn't it because our local market cant sustain itself due to lower sales and not profitable building cars in Australia due to lower profits, we just don't seem to be selling that many Falcons anymore.

I'm tossing up between the Mustang and the Lexus RC-F for my next car the Mustang is a nice car for the money a 2 door performance car but I don't know it just seems all this Globalization is watering our cars down its like soon we'll be printing cars or making them from pre-assembled parts or flat packs

Bit of an interesting comparison, the Mustang and the RC-F I mean. One has a 5.0L V8, the other has a 3.5L NA 6. The RC-F does look pretty rad though.

Jeremy didnt rate the last gen mustang either. Nor a beloved FPV....

I guess when you have driven the cars he has driven, then I guess American and Aussie cars must feel under engineered....

RCF is a 5 litre V8

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ah, turns out I was looking at the wrong model! You are correct...but my god there's a price jump for the V8 compared with the RC F Sports that I was looking at! $150,000ish...jeebus! I hate our car tax!

• Like 1

Jeremy didnt rate the last gen mustang either. Nor a beloved FPV....

I guess when you have driven the cars he has driven, then I guess American and Aussie cars must feel under engineered....

He did drive the Lexus and that's what I commented on.

You have me Confused

Just when I thought Ford couldn't manage to find and uglier coolant overflow than the falcon

Fuse box angle annoys me.

He did drive the Lexus and that's what I commented on.

You have me Confused

Why so confused?????

I was just replying that he did not rate the last gen Muzzy or the FG GT either. :ermm:

But I guess some of his early reviews on some cars dont make much sense too...

eg, He loved the old VT HSV GTS.....

Go Figure.

I wish people would stop listening to the crap on Top gear, it's not a car review show it is a Soap opera anybody who takes note of advice from top gear for their car purchases does not know much about cars you drive the car yourself not look at TV Shows where the same guy has his own opinions and what they say is driven by money and TV ratings

Edited by Z2TT