Mustang Returns To Oz

Pixy Angel

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

Truth is now, that the Falcon and Territory dont cut the mustard anymore. Have to laugh at the ad with a Territory along side with high end Euro SUV,s. It doesnt rate against them but is cheaper and having owned a Porsche Cayenne that is now 6 years old, Territory is still lights years behind. Sad but true........

Oh and a Mustang with boost, would be awesome................... :wwww:

• Member For: 15y 3m 25d

Still cannot understand why people continue to say that Mustang is replacing Falcon. It's clearly a different package. It is stupid to try and sell cars when no-one wants to buy them. So why is Expensive Daewoo shutting down? Why is Toyota shutting down. Ford had the balls to announce it first cos they had to. All manufacturers are going for global platforms. It's the only way they will survive. If Ford decides to bring Fusion or Taurus to Australia, that would be seen as a replacement for Falcon. who knows, they still might. Right now if you want a 4 door sort of family sedan from Ford locally, the Mondeo is it and just quietly it's a bloody nice package.

It is true that for now Mustang will be the only performance car on offer once the XR6T and 8 are gone but when you add Focus RS to the mix in 2016 you would think they might have another performance sedan in the wings. Talk is around about an SVO version of another yank car. Let's wait and see. Meanwhile I'll be confirming my order for my Stang GT at the end of the month. It will be real hard to say goodbye to my 6T but we have to move on.

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 11d

Cause Ford and Expensive Daewoo America wanted our car market to die. So they could sell us their vehicles.

It may have happened anyway. But for now f*ck you, you stinking yank cock heads.

Why don't you all shoot each other.

• Like 1

• Filthy weeb
  • Member For: 11y 1m 12d

Cause Ford and Expensive Daewoo America wanted our car market to die. So they could sell us their vehicles.

It may have happened anyway. But for now f*ck you, you stinking yank cock heads.

Why don't you all shoot each other.

They do already. They teach em young over there.

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

So wait which V8 is it, is it a non supercharged version of the FPV GT motor?

I don't know if they want our market to die, but isn't it because our local market cant sustain itself due to lower sales and not profitable building cars in Australia due to lower profits, we just don't seem to be selling that many Falcons anymore.

I'm tossing up between the Mustang and the Lexus RC-F for my next car the Mustang is a nice car for the money a 2 door performance car but I don't know it just seems all this Globalization is watering our cars down its like soon we'll be printing cars or making them from pre-assembled parts or flat packs

Edited by Z2TT

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Could be wrong but I thought it's got the same 5.0 Coyote engine that our Miami is based off of before Ford Aus imported them and had the blower stuck on it locally.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

Could be wrong but I thought it's got the same 5.0 Coyote engine that our Miami is based off of before Ford Aus imported them and had the blower stuck on it locally.

Ford Aus use the Coyote block and assemble the engines here with the own mix of parts. Heads are the same but no DI and different manifolds. Its a hand built engine here and is a wonderful motor.

Im dead keen on picking up a Mustang and running a twin turbo kit. Love to see how Coyote performs with twin snails.

• Like 1