Mustang Returns To Oz

Pixy Angel

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 25d

501 Falcons registered in February according to VFacts - less than what they did with FGII in February 2014! Now that says something.

My 'between the lines' take on earlier shutdown is that there are conditions attaching to the Government money Ford got which would make it HIGHLY punitive.

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

No advertising, 6 month waiting lists for the xr8, and dealers trying to charge 10k+ over rrp doesn't really equate to good sales....

G6ET is the pick of the bunch imo, given the new price, looks and spec....havent seen one fkn ad, not even a billboard, people dont even know they exist!

Edited by barnz

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

There are plenty of Blower kits for the coyote motor already. Wouldnt bother with buying one from Fraud. You will be rapped badly.

In regards to the axle tramp, Mines does it bad with 4 people in the car. Dont know about a fix..........

It feels like the whole arse end is going too explode...

• Member For: 11y 10m 1d

You know what I'm saying guys. I just find it these days cars are made for sophisticated artsy types (no offence) with all the modern fuel saving tech stuff and all prettied up fake looking, even the new mustang looks a bit more tame than tough the older early 2000's mustangs, same thing with the FG-X compare to the FG.

Loved the old days seeing a mint VX GTS or Monaro just roll up, idling away at a Petrol station, or a mint VK SS with a nice exhaust or a VP SS just caining it around a corner no traction control or DSC ESC ABS, that's what I call Pure V8 grunt.

Still looks like a great car but for todays day and age I expect a big 7L or a Supercharged 5 you know too many V8's around these days it's like a normal thing now everyone has one, can easily get 400hp with bolt ons on a cheap LS2 Car so needs to be something special if dropping 50k+ on brand new car out of the box.

I love the Dodge Challenger if we had that in Australia at reasonable price I'd snap it up right away.

Edited by Z2TT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

Guys,

It looks like the Mustang will not have the Miami V8. That's a shame. It costs $7k to upgrade from an XR6 to an XR6T. It costs around $15k to fit an aftermarket supercharger to a VF. My point - it would costs heaps less to buy a Mustang with a factory blower.

Even if the Mustang has 335kw from the factory you can bet it won't have the low down and mid range torque of the Miami V8. How much for a complete XR8 supercharger kit from Ford Spare Parts and would it bolt onto the Coyote?

Slightly off topic but related for any who may be tossing up between an XR8 or a Mustang. GoAuto reports that Falcon sales have plummeted. What will Ford do in response? Drop Falcon pricing making the XR8 an even better buy? Shut down the Falcon production line earlier than 2016?

PAH

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

Of course the Muzzy wont have the grunt of the blown Falcon but there will be plenty of bolt on kits for the Mustang anyway. The masses wont give a rats arse if its not blown nor care about the power figure. Plenty in the USA have bought the 4 banger as well. Its a different car to the falcon and when compared to a Nissan 370z, its priced well.

On the topic of ford production, I have only seen 1 lonely FG-X falcon on the roads of the Gold Coast driving around. So its no surprise to me if the cann production early. A bit sad but companies are struggling in todays economic climate. More casualties to come from Australias downturn. Its only just starting.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

I think people seem to forget that this new Mustang ISN'T a Falcon, nor is it supposed to replace it. It's actually having a crack at being a sport coupe/performance car in it's own right, not just a muscle car. From all accounts it's doing pretty darn well and handles fantastically (especially the GT350R!). Personally, I'd take one over a Falcon in a heartbeat. It may not have the grunt of the Miami, but the Coyote is still a great engine and the Mustang is lighter and puts its power down better. Plus, given it's a global car there will be a whole heap of aftermarket mods and FI kits that will be a sh*te load cheaper than what Ford would charge for a blower (which would be a terrible way to go about it!). During the pre-delivery for my GT the ming-mole tried to tell me if my supercharger died it would cost me $25k to replace it...I laughed and told her that I could get a bigger/better supercharger AND a built motor for that...so she could kindly keep her extended warranty.

Edited by .Stripes.

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 11d

I don't like the mustang. As to me it represents Ford America killing off our local product so they can sell us their stuff.

Yes the latest Ford is a disappointment. But if Ford Australia were not going to cease local production it would be a better product and so would the next model etc etc.

Take your Mustang and stick it up your large smelly blurter America.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Yeah I'm sad about the Falcon ending. I have always liked Mustangs so it's kind of a silver lining that we get them locally now. Would prefer the Falcon continue given the choice of course.

Have seen 2 FG-X around Perth outside a dealer. One orange XR ute up my way in the hills and just yesterday a G6 or G6E. For someone who drives about 15 hours a week in the metro area that's not good. Wish I could afford the XR8.