Mustang Returns To Oz

Pixy Angel

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

^ That's ok, you can buy one straight from Ford Racing...done deal. I dare say a blower kit for these Mustangs will end up cheaper than the equivalent for Aus built cars. I'd be lying if I said I won't be tempted to pick up one of the V8 Mustangs in a year or so's time. Be interested to see what GM bring to the table for Aus though...

• Like 1

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Kenne bell blower kit is not to bad price from the states. Get the supporting mods and you can have a 700hp car pretty easily. Also the kenne bell blower sound so farking horn.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

I'd be lying if I said I won't be tempted to pick up one of the V8 Mustangs in a year or so's time.

Changing cars like underwear!

Doooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Hahaha, not necessarily Steve. I'm enjoying my Bombadore at the moment, so would take a great car and a great deal to get me to change :dancing:

Also, when did I overtake you for time online?! Hmmm...I need to get out more! lol

Edited by .Stripes.

• Donating Members

In like 4 less years too. And I thought I was tragic!

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I feel the same way. The 4 cyl will need to be very mod friendly and magical if it were to make me choose one over the V8 in a Mustang (If I was buying). Ten grand less is attractive but if I'm buying a Mustang I don't want "the cheap one" that also doesn't sound as good.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 1d

Hi Guys,

The auto web sites say that Ford will sell the new Mustang in Australia for around $55k. It's a shame it won't have the Miami supercharger.

How hard would it be to buy the XR8 FGX supercharger kit from Ford and stick it on the Mustang?

Goauto says that FGX sales have slowed to a trickle. The Goauto article is headed: Ford Falcon Slides Into Obscurity. There's 18 months left to buy an XR8 for those who want one. I wonder if the sales slump will result in factory incentives . . . or an earlier tap turn-off?

The current Motor Mag compares a Herrod XR8 to a HSV tricked up by Walkinshaw. Sounds like the XR8 loses time off the mark due to axle tramp. Is there a fix for this? Urethane bushes perhaps but are they a complete fix? The same mag also compares the Mustang to the Camaro and Dodge. Useful info for those thinking of a Mustang.

PAH