Mustang Returns To Oz

Pixy Angel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

What if there's an initial spike as all the hopefuls/gullibles rush in and buy...

...and then everyone remembers that the dealer network are still as backwards as ever, and Ford still makes cars the same way (they're not a premium product, but they ask for a premium price).

Given that the rest of the model line up is already here and sales are fairly consistent, it is evident that whatever is added to the lineup once the local models are stopped (Territory replacement and Mustang) will need to sell around a combined 2000 units pcm to keep the brand in the same sales position. At the moment half of that 2000 units is Territory sales, so even if the replacement was equivalent I can't see 1000 mustangs flying out the door. The much cheaper/better value/more popular with international uni students 86/BRZ volumes peaked at 600 ish and have settled to 400s.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

Ford Performance parts already on the way, it will be refreshing to be able to buy performance parts from many providers at fair and affordable prices.

I think there will be some very tough stangs around fairly quickly after their release.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/10/12s11s10s-modifying-15-mustang/

• 4 months later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

I'll just leave this here. Pricing seems pretty fair, really.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/ford-mustang-pricing-revealed-20150303-13tkqo.html

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

f*cking hell 4 Cylinder mustang, come on guys we don't want fuel economy we want Pure V8 Grunt, who buys a 2 door Mustang to Pay homage to Fords history and want fuel economy that is what Kia is for, I want Pure V8 Grunt.

In a perfect world we would have a Barra engine in the new Mustang that should be the only turbo in there I'd buy that.

Edited by Z2TT

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

Priced well.

I agree with you mate ^^^^

I dont give a rats arse about fuel economy, so I will be very interested in the V8 at that price but alot will be interested in the 4 banger for its price too. They do mod up well with a tune...