Left Turn Signal Always On Issue

garyk

• Member For: 10y 9m 23d

Hi All,

I have an issue with my 2009 FG G6E Turbo that started this weekend, was wondering if anyone else has come accross it.

The left turn signal is constantly on when the car is running (or off but ignition in accessory positon).

You can still indicate right however when the selector returns to the middle/neutral the left signal starts again.

Another indicator stalk was tested on my car and the same issue was occuring.

Other things that have been tried:

- remove the turn signal fuse, the left turn signal is still on.

- remove the turn and hazard fuse, the left turn signal is still on.

- unplug the whole steering cluster under the steering colum, the left signal is still on.

- unplug some more looms on the passenger side, rear turn signal turns off but mirror and headlight turn signal are still on.

My mechanic has called a few Ford services centres and none of them know of this issue.

Suggestions welcome.

Gary.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 20d

Well firstly :welcome2: mate. great car you had it long? What colour? Any mods done?

Try replacing the globe. I would say the globe is one its way out but saying that I could be way off.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 4d

With the fuse pulled and it still running, makes me think you have a "foreign battery" fault (meaning the indicator circuit is getting power from somewhere it shouldn't).

Like Wenier said, a good place to start would be trailer plug or other electrical mods...

A good auto elec should sort you out in no time.

• Member For: 10y 9m 23d

Hi All,

Turns out it was the instrument cluster/speedo causing the indicator issue, glad that ones been solved!

All your responses were spot on though these are things the Mechanic and Autoelec had ruled out.

I've had the car for 7 months now, It's an ex company car that was kept very clean, picked it up with 79k on the clock, Ego with black interior and factory 18" wheels.

Only mods so far are some lowered springs and tint. No plans for tuning yet but I wont rule it out.

Overall very happy with the car.

Thanks for your replies.

Gary

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 23d

I fear the day my car starts to get eletrical gremlins. Did it require a whole new cluster?