Steering Shudder

Seany

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d

ok guys I have a problem im hoping you can help me with, when I reach about 70kmh my steering whells starts shaking and anything past 85kmh it shakes like crazy and feels like the wheels are about to fall off. Ive had the wheels balanced and theres no play in the wheels bearings or anything any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

My bet is on Wheel bearings and bushes. There doesn't need to be any play in the bearings for them to fail at high speed/temp. The standard rubber bushes allow a lot of forward and back movement so once that pattern starts it getts worse at higher speeds.

Does the shaking go away after you have come to a stop and then start going again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 25d

Sorry to highjack but mine is doing the same thing at around 90-100kms... not every time but more if I've given it a bootfull up to the speed then cruise at said speed. And yes senna, if I pull over to a complete stop then take off again it will goes away.

Klm's are getting up there on mine... 175,000

Your thoughts mate?

• Member For: 10y 9m 22d

Something else you can do it to rotate front to back on tyres that elimate if it a tyre or suspension problem

Depend where you got your wheel balance sometime they don't check to see if the tyres are round or out of shape

Buckle rim