The Adelaide Cruisers

• Member For: 20y 5m

The ute of course (neither of the other 2 are on the road at the moment)

A few mates might come - GTR skyline,SIGMA turbo vr4 powered.

Will know a bit closer to the 8th.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 4m 22d

I have invited another T owner who is not on the forum to come out. He just bought a Cobra stage II kit like mine from Tilbrooks.

It's a sedan so will be fun to pit it against the ute & see the difference.

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d

Just to let u all know I'm a definite for the cruise...my leave got approved today so I'm free alllll day :-P w0000t!!!

Vik - drop my sh!the...EA at your place :smilielol: ...down 2 hackney..from there.....woohoooo!!!

Holy jeeezz,just got rego for the XY ready for the 8th feb .Havent driven her for 3 months,so took her for a spin up greenhill rd etc to blow out the cobb webbs.

What a heap of sh!t I thought,no friggen brakes,the bucket seats felt like sitting on a park bench,the power steer is way to powerfull(liked it better befor I added it)the crummy ride.

Then I figure what am I comparing her to... the friggen car of the year,muscle car of the year,so I wound down the windows,got used to the brakes again(Iv got premos on the slug) and just enjoyed her for what she is.

Open up the seconderies in the hills ,the roar hmmmm,droping down the gears,that sweet sweet sound of deacceleration,

the torque of the 351...

Im in love again,Its a 34 year old bus ,how dear I compare the two.And its a 14 second car.

Now I know how those lucky basterds felt when they bought their GTs way back then ,just like we do now with the T, the new cult car,

Yea baby, Its good to have a reallity check every now and then.

vik

• Member For: 20y 4m 22d

Today at the Ute Muster, after a couple more 13.1s I managed to pull a 12.96 @ 110 mph. Very happy with that.

Will need to give it a good wash now & scrape heaps of rubber of the guards. Who-hoo, go the turbo ute!!!

See you all on the 8th.

John.