The Adelaide Cruisers

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 2d
Tom,where were you? out on a spin no doubt,would have driven this one home.

Sorry I missed you Vic. You should have asked anyone in the tents, and they would have found me.

What a weekend! Over 40 degrees celcius both Saturday and Sunday.

There was a Zippel Cruise on Saturday night, although the heat kept numbers down to below 100 vehicles. The All America Day was at Immanuel College on Sunday also, and I saw lots of Mustangs and Caddies cruising to Camden Park on my way to Glenelg for our fundraiser with the Corvette Club.

Excellent turnout at Wigley Reserve, given the weather conditions. 40 Corvettes ranging from an immaculate light blue 1954 model, through to a very popular torch red 2000 model driven by a very spunky lady. She was the most sought after ride on the day... ;)

My 68 convertible was parked on the reserve to lunchtime, but I was under the shade of the Norfolk pines on Anzac Highway keeping out of the sun as much as possible. Was pretty busy giving joy rides for most of the afternoon. Don't know how much we raised yet, but all the cars were busy for most of the day, and we had to restock the eskies with softdrinks and water several times during the day.

The Dodge VIPER was also very busy offering free rides to the CANTEEN kids, and got a few paying public fanatics who donated up to $50 a ride for the opportunity.

But what a scorcher . It was damn hot with the roof down.

good thing though, the motor had no probs with overheating. Not bad for a 36 year old car. Couldn't say the same for the old fart driving though. I was physically spent by the end of the day.

All in all, a great day for a great cause.

The CANTEEN kids (teenagers with cancer) had a ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 5m

OK ppl...we need to have another get together...there was some talk of Sunday March 14.... XR6_ED has his baby now and so do I. we've gotta get together!! also where should we head this time? Vik has a nak for picking great cruise routes... :hiwelcome:

Edited by voy74656

• Member For: 20y 9m 8d

would be great for any info on cruise as I will be traveling down from alice to adel arrive adel wednesday. car goes in thurs and friday for mods. will be cruising friday night.

Did not realise there was a ford day either most certainly will be there.

travel back to alice monday.

so if someone could tell me where cruise will be time etc by monday night(08/03/04) would be great.

hopefully will see you all there.

regards rob :thumbsup:

Look up the post adelaide ford day,its all on there..who and where are the mods being done ? read adelaide ford day first then this will make sense.you can put your bus on display and meet every body on sunday.

vik