Fg Long Into Bf

MY ROD GOT OUT

• Member For: 13y 6m 24d

looking forward to seeing how you go with this.. again plz take some progressive pics. Like SSBB said ppl will be all over this in time, inc. me one day haha.

Like you, one day I'll pick myself up an fg motor throw some springs in and your ready for a gtx :)

Are you fitting up the motor, etc yourself? Can't say I'm a fan of the search function on this forum but what power were you running before and who are you going to get to tune your car next?

Def. recommend CMS if your not already going there.

Good luck with it bud

Car was only running 330rwkws but standard bf mk1 bottom end (basically ba) so yeh didn't like it. Haven't pulled old motor down and prob wont to see y it went bang but will get pump etc checked incase she ran lean... Tuner is Clinton @ profile and will stick with him.

There are plenty of people doing fg bottom ends but not too many I see do complete fg longs, will be fitting in the coming weeks with a mate. Think I've got everything covered in way of fit up etc but u never know I guess.... Good to see some interest in this topic :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

Have you decided wether your using the fg exhaust manifold? Interested to see how much dickin around is involved with the swap. I think I remember hearing that they flow better but sit turbo back slightly further which would mean your exhaust may need slight mods but more room for GTX intake.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 17d

Did you get a new long? What sort of price do they want these days? When I did mine, I put all new hoses, belts, radiator, rebuilt turbo, injectors cleaned etc. Hoses mainly because of the F6 engine oil cooler, and not that expensive anyway.

Ended up getting the trans rebuilt as well, as it started to slip. All good now.

• Member For: 11y 1m 25d

I wouldn't mind some more info on getting my hands on a new engine from Ford.....especially price, and how long ago. Did you just go through spare parts at a dealer?

• Member For: 13y 6m 24d

MODS CAN MERG TOPIC WITH SIMILAR IN GENERAL TECH but Be very aware when purchasing motors etc from the above company. My so called "12,000km fg xr6 turbo motor" ended up being a 2008 XLS UTE LPG MOTOR!!!! It had a turbo rocker cover on it but engine number revealed it to be an LPG motor........ Be very careful when buying 2nd hand. I was lucky and got money back before it went into my car, there is now a guy in Sydney who has discovered his Is an LPG motor as well from them but his is installed!!

• Like 1