Fg Long Into Bf

MY ROD GOT OUT

• Member For: 13y 6m 25d

As most are aware "my rod got out" the other week. I'm contemplating putting an fg long motor straight into my bf. I know there are some changes but want to know if I've missed anything.

# sump change to bf

# dipstick moved to same spot as bf

# small cut out of drivers side engine mount

I'm thinking of keeping all of the fg accessories as well like turbo and inlet manifold which would just require hot and cold side pipe change?

Would any wiring etc need changing??

Seems fairly straight forward but want to know if there is anything I've missed.....

Cheers

• Member For: 13y 6m 25d

Yeh will definitely, seems pretty straight forward but hopefully won't run into any dramas. Oil pick and windage need changing as well, plus rocker cover change to bf one as coils are different apparently. Doubt ill use fg inlet manifold as I don't think bf wiring matches up to it. Playing it by ear.

• Like 1

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 8d

looking forward to seeing how you go with this.. again plz take some progressive pics. Like SSBB said ppl will be all over this in time, inc. me one day haha.

Like you, one day I'll pick myself up an fg motor throw some springs in and your ready for a gtx :)

Are you fitting up the motor, etc yourself? Can't say I'm a fan of the search function on this forum but what power were you running before and who are you going to get to tune your car next?

Def. recommend CMS if your not already going there.

Good luck with it bud

• Member For: 11y 1m 26d

I'm considering my options on either rebuilding my BAII XR6T engine or going for late BF2/FG engine swap.

When I'm closer to having the dollars I'll look at mods, but for the moment I'm looking for a
direction to go in. I'll probably be hunting 400 rwkw and want to make sure the bottom end is up to it. How good are the FG bottom ends?

From what I've seen a complete low Kms FG engine (with turbo) is about a third of the cost of a bottom end rebuild on the BAII, or a short motor from Spool or Atomic. That leaves more funds to spend on cooler, injectors, springs, manifolds, exhaust, etc.

A quick look found these. They look like a good way to go:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271193858835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230982751753?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or a BFII F6 setup with 6 speed manual (don't need the trans though)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121113244109?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 8d

personally I would do what this fella is doing aim for over 400 but RUN E85, 98 tune could be low 300's for all I care.

I think the ethanol fuels are def. the key to having something that doesnt blow up in your face in the 1st minute.. obviously you cant drive it like a beep and boost hard in low revs but with a bit of common sense and mechanical sympathy and of course E85 smash it over 400 with a GTX. ;)

I have the ba bottom end and have no dramas with 4th's on a cold morning running eflex.... of course your tuner plays a massive role in how long it will last too.

Anyway if this thread kicks off the way it should hopefully it gets cleaned up later.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 18d

This is old hat fellas. FG short has been done to death on here over the years. I bought a new long F6 motor from Ford for my BA, and it has an FG bottom end on it. Ford obviously use the FG bottom on all new engines now.