senna_T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

That is awesome!!!

Nice 2 metre long swing arm

Also was that all turbo lag? he rolls his throttle on max then seems like 2 seconds later the revs come up ?

None the less, that would be so scary to ride

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 12d

Yes and no. The dyno holds a set rpm and then lets the bike rev into the run. But its a big turbo for the size motor, so yeah it takes some time to build boost on the dyno compared to the smaller snail on my 1000cc engine.

But he has a boost building function set up like on my bike in the second video above (but better) and he is building up to around 12psi on the start line before he throws the clutch.

So lag isnt an issue unless he has to chop the throttle and get back on it.

I'll be racing against him next weekend so my hopes are pinned on him not being able to put all that juice through the tyre or him busting a wheelie or something.

Once he has the shut the throttle for any reason, I'll be gone.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

That makes sense, 12psi off the line is unreal!

Do you have special clutches installed that let it slip automatically or is it all controlled by your fingers on the launch ?

I just can't imagine that much power being put to the ground through a single tyre.

Wish I could come watch you race

• Will do skids for food

Yeah Wilko. Special clutches.

We both run Hays Convertible clutches. Brett uses his in lockup mode so it works like a normal clutch but uses weights and springs to handle the locking up of the clutch.

I use mine in slider mode which means it operates purely on engine rpms and I dont run a clutch lever. I use a two step limiter to set launch rpms which is operated by the headlight flasher button and when I release the button, the engine spins up into the clutch and off I go. Still operated by weights and springs, just in a different way.

post-48538-0-54101300-1446952212_thumb.j

• Will do skids for food

Yeah Wilko. Special clutches.

We both run Hays Convertible clutches. Brett uses his in lockup mode so it works like a normal clutch but uses weights and springs to handle the locking up of the clutch.

I use mine in slider mode which means it operates purely on engine rpms and I dont run a clutch lever. I use a two step limiter to set launch rpms which is operated by the headlight flasher button and when I release the button, the engine spins up into the clutch and off I go. Still operated by weights and springs, just in a different way.

post-48538-0-54101300-1446952212_thumb.j

• Will do skids for food

Oh yeah. Go Rossi !

I cant see him fighting to the front and beating the top guys but stranger things have happened.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 22d

Could see him making it up to 6th - He wins the championship if Lorenzo finishes 3rd or lower

If Lorenzo comes 10th or lower Rossi wins without finishing.

Am tipping Marquez will be checking Lorenzo's board as often as his own for updates as to where Rossi is ;)

Edited by Rab

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 16d

Could see him making it up to 6th - He wins the championship if Lorenzo finishes 3rd or lower

If Lorenzo comes 10th or lower Rossi wins without finishing.

Am tipping Marquez will be checking Lorenzo's board as often as his own for updates as to where Rossi is ;)

just watched qualifying.

LOL, Rossi bins it in last spot, 1.5 seconds slower than Lorenzo, poetic justice I say

Lorenzo - fastest ever lap of Valencia, GO LORENZO!!!!!!

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 22d

I think he was using the qualifying session to see how far he could push the race setup - it worked - he found out ;)