Well yeah, there is that option too...

Struggling to decide on what to get though, still keen on the Victory bikes but worried they may date. Harley has the new breakout and since it's a Harley it already comes pre dated...

Don't let the sales people fool you.

Victory, Indian or any of the newly revitalised makes will never sell or resell as we'll as a Harley.

Despite the old tech, old styling and blah blah blah , they are still the cruiser everybody wants and the bike the chicks always will want a ride on, which if course, is gunna help sell it.

All the others are just trying to get a piece of the Harley market, and there's a reason for that.

It's like the difference between Coke and Pepsi, they look the same, they are aiming for the same market, do the same job, but no matter what the marketing says, Pepsi will never ever be Coke.

It's the real thing, you know.

Went for a ride yesterday and stumbled on this driveway. Not one to take photos normally but couldn't pass it up

post-10858-137561126831_thumb.jpg

Any riders out there have a suggestion on front tyres for the bike? I'm due for a new one and I have no experience with different brands

I have michelin pilot road tyres on my bike aswell and their great for wear and grip but can be a bit slippery when cold others you could try are dunlop 404, pirelli angel gt, pirelli mt66, dunlop q2, michelin commander 2, bridgestone exedra max. all good tyres. Only advice I will give is make sure you get a matching set front to back. If you havnt bought motorcycle road tyres before your in for a nasty surprise on the cost. Yoy wont get much change out of 550 for the pair of the michelin pilots. Cheers.

Edited by briancdennis

I go with the same rear and front as much as possible.

If it's just the front you need to replace then use the same as your rear (unless they're a dodgy brand/model)

Wait to look at changing them both until the rear is due and do both at once.

Thanks for the reply guys

John, helpful as always! Lol

Yes, it's only the front that needs replacing, the rear has heaps on it still.

The bike has (and is originally fitted with) Bridgestone Battlax. Any comments on them?

Some guys did a test on the Pirelli Angels at the main track I race at and they got a very big wrap.

Pat those slicks are wearing very well for me, I was using Diablo Super Corsa SC`s and crucified them after one meeting, but those Diablo Superbike tyres have atleast one more meeting in them after 2 rounds of the Southern Downs Series.

Which surprised me. Nothing to do with you application but just sayin`.

Mickus, can't say I've tried that on the bike yet, getting curious though...

John, will look into the angels but I can see the point of keeping the same on the front and rear

Cheers for that, but I'm worried about going too hard too soon, I haven't been riding for 2 months yet!

Over confidence can be a bad thing...lol

Yeah I always go soft on the front. A battleax will do the job great.

You'll lever the tyre off the ground with the under carriage before you run out of cornering grip and the Hyo brakes won't present any challenges for it.

I go through two and a half to three rear tyres to each front so a soft front will easily last the time you'll own the bike.

Edited by Boganspeed

Just take it easy when you first get a new tyre.

The shop will probably warn you when you get it, but they are really slippery until scrubbed in - especially if the road's a bit wet.

Good point Raband, I recently saw a guy ride out of a dealer on his brand spanking new speed triple and nearly high side it as he peeled to the right out onto the road and opened the throttle just a touch.

I have no doubt he would have bruised plums from that little episode.

Senna T, order of the day with a new tyre is to gradually weave side to side a little more each time to scrub the tyre surface in and remove the preserving compound off it.

Once you've done a little weaving then just lean a little more on each bend until you've got as much of the surface scrubbed in as you can use on the bike.

Main thing I love about sports bikes is the only thing you have to do is set the suspension up to your liking and hit the track and go for it . And the only thing you can blame for being slow is your lack of ability. I find them so much more rewarding then driving a car.

When I think about the car I think what can I do to make it faster but with the bike I think how can I improve myself to make me a quicker rider.

Got the piglet serviced today, fitted the new front tyre too, ended up with Pirelli Angel ST, feels good so far! Clean bill of health on the rest of the bike so I'll have to get back to scraping pegs until the next service!